First Post on IH8MUD, First LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Everyone. Been wanting an LC for a while and finally got one. I'm super excited about it. I plan on doing a little bit of off-roading with it, but pretty tame stuff. Maybe a few situations that'll require 4L, but I'm usually out there alone so won't be anything too crazy.

Anyway, it is a 2004 in Sonora Gold. 159xxx miles. Actually just hit 160k last night. Feels a bit odd going from a 1998 Ram 1500 with 80k miles to something with double that. I don't think I'll regret it though.

I wish I could say I got a screaming deal on it, but I am sure I overpaid. But, the seller replaced the timing belt and water pump at 159k, and new tires. Overall in pretty good cosmetic condition.

I don't plan on doing much to it. Hoping to remove the running boards this weekend and it looks like all door lock actuators need replaced. Going to try and do two of them this weekend. Also eyeing the BT45-TOY.

I haven't seen a ton of Sonora Gold LC's on here. I've been making my way through the photo thread and still haven't seen a bunch. Would love to see some others if they are out there, especially with aftermarket wheels and tires. Gold wasn't my first choice of color, but it has already grown on me a lot. Seems to hide dirt pretty well.

20200108_162853.jpg

Last edited:
Everyone thinks they have the best color, i don't think it's being biased at all?

Gold ain't bad at all, add some bronze rims, some Armor and that will turn heads as it will be unique, too many have your average plain jane White/Black exterior color (Sorry owners of these colors lol).

Welcome aboard!!

The gold isn’t bad. You can put it on some pretty tight trails and come out looking fresh. It will definitely grow on you.
Black on the other hand is not very forgiving off-road. I would definitely trade my black cruisers for a different color.

Probably not gold though;)

Nice looking truck... Actually love the Sonora Gold and was what I was originally looking for and planning to purchase.

Anyone who has owned a gold vehicle knows they are the best at hiding dirt! Sonora Gold is definitely the most under appreciated color on the LC spectrum, followed closely by Black Garnet Pearl. That being said, I love my natural white!

Last edited:
I don't love gold cars in general but seeing a freshly detailed Sonora Gold LC parked in a driveway locally completely changed my mind. They have just the right hue to not feel outdated. Would look great in sunny areas like SoCal and Florida.

Haters gonna hate...

20170512_192452.jpg

Welcome.

Welcome, and glad you are getting started with a few easy things. Take it out, have fun, and enjoy them - that's what its made for! I've had 2 gold vehicles and really like the color but my LC is silver. I just couldn't imagine having three gold vehicles in the driveway at once, haha.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Looking forward to frequenting this wonderful site/forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom