Builds Finally got my own...Meet BeBe (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow that is a bummer! I just ordered mine from him like two weeks and it's the best upgrade I've done so far. He has a schematic and after getting the harness it wouldn't be to hard to build yourself.
I know kurt at cruiseroutfitters sells the ipf harness for a similar price. Your high beam indicator may not work though...

Sweet! Thanks for the info. I was looking at the schematic and really doesn't look all that hard but the cost/time ratio with the chance of me screwing something up kills it for me. I have not problem building my own household speakers for my HT but since this is a major part of the car, last thing I would want to do is wire it incorrectly and either blow something major or have it fail on me one night while driving some back road.

Ok so looking into the belt replacement for my cruiser and looks like I will need the following (to replace all three):
- Alternator Belt
- Air Pump Belt
- Air Conditioner Belt

2F_USBelts by renofizz, on Flickr

Only places that I can seem to find them is at SOR (full kit for $95) or Man-a-Fre (individual sale but ends up about same price). Figuring that I should probably go with OEM belts, or would I be ok with the belts from NAPA/Autozone/O'Reilly?

Oh and will I need any special tools?

Last edited:
Ok got another power steering pump lined up as the owner said it is making lots of noise. So now just need to get the pulley from JimC (he said he should be getting a shipment next week) and then figure out all the new belts.

Damn that was quick. Got home today to a package on the doorstep from Tat2Mat containing a replacement power-steering pump! Ordered an aftermarket speedo cable and that should be here later this week. Picking up the cruiser next weekend!!

gregnash said:
Damn that was quick. Got home today to a package on the doorstep from Tat2Mat containing a replacement power-steering pump! Ordered an aftermarket speedo cable and that should be here later this week. Picking up the cruiser next weekend!!

Sweeeet!

So the plan is to get her moving as quickly as possible. Since the OP just had her registered in Utah in July I figure that she will pass inspection here as she stands.

The wife will be starting up classes on Monday's again so looks like Monday's are going to be my days to work on BeBe. With that said, looks like the first things that will be done are:
- Replace brake booster
- Replace power-steering pump
- Replace speedo cable
- De-vein smog pump (do this for now until I can get JimC's desmog package)

With the new p/s pump and de-veining the smog pump I still never got an answer as towards the belts. Do you guys normally go with Toyota OEM belts or will the NAPA variety be fine? Also, do I need any special tool? Figuring I will stick with the :banana: jobs for now!

Do you guys normally go with Toyota OEM belts or will the NAPA variety be fine? Also, do I need any special tool? Figuring I will stick with the :banana: jobs for now!
I use Toyota OEM belts, no special tools and was a 1 :banana: job. Like everything else, next time I'll do the belts it will take me 3x less time!

I use Toyota OEM belts, no special tools and was a 1 :banana: job. Like everything else, next time I'll do the belts it will take me 3x less time!

Thanks biche! Where did you get your belts? I know that SOR sells a kit but that is the only place I have seen that is a full kit and doesn't tell whether they are OEM or not (that I can remember).

Thanks biche! Where did you get your belts? I know that SOR sells a kit but that is the only place I have seen that is a full kit and doesn't tell whether they are OEM or not (that I can remember).
Directly from the dealer. My retired father work part-time to a dealer so he get employee prices ;)

For my hj I got belts without grooves. nice replacement list here:
http://www.partsbase.net/part/toy-9091602101

so the new ones are -----------
and the old ones had ^^^^^^^^
I dont know if this is wrong :D I wanted to keep the old ones as spare but my friend was really annoyed ;) and demanded I got new ones as spare, still did not throw the old oneas away (cracked worn out crap)
Got them over the fan, when I was finished and got up from under the car my friend said his belt was just a bit to long...:bang:
So straight back under the truck, loosen evertything, :mad::flamingo:
Wrote the partnumbers down and got the same part but without the grooves.
file.php

I dont know if you have the same pully but it is idiotproof but make sure it spinns freely before you think nothing can go wrong... note the thick washer on the radiator side and the other side is thin :wrench:
file.php

thin washer:
file.php

special washers, do not loose them!! idiot proof to build it back together but a real idiot can put it back the wrong way and then the pulley wont spin !!
file.php

The pully bearing is#NSK 524 6202DU2

outer diameter D : (mm) 35 mm
diameter d : (mm) 15 mm
thickness B : (mm) 11 mm

Last edited:
Thanks J! Was a good day, lots of bday wishes from everyone just wish we would not have had softball last night. Of course a 9:45 game that ended at 11pm and then had a 40 minute drive home, and we lost to top it off!! Oh well....

HJ60 - thanks for the photos but I dont believe I have that pull on the 2F, not sure though.

Last edited:
Ok after looking around on ToyotaPartsOverstock.com I found a different V-Belt diagram for the US 2F (with and without PS).
So If I am reading this right I need the following belts:
- Cooling Compressor (CC) to Crankshaft (CK)
- Water Pump (WP) to Air Pump (AP)
- Alternator (AL) to Vane Pump (VP)

V-Belt_Alternative by renofizz, on Flickr
With this diagram that is belts: 88310A, 17610B, and 44310A respectively. But when looking at their site, there are 3 for each number.. SO CONFUSED!

Well we made it to Winnemucca without issue. Picked her up this morning around 11am, got some lunch and then headed out. Definitely doesn't go anywhere fast but we all knew that. She diesels when you shut her down after driving for a while but has been a great ride so far. Now off to the Martin Hotel for some basque dinner and then we are headed out in the morning.
image-219154787.jpg

Thanks J. So far so good, no surprises other than the horn doesn't work and there is a mysterious "box" that all wires seem to lead to just under the fuse box in the cab, and the dieseling. Think the dieseling is more that the OP admitted he had only driven her less than a dozen times since he registered her last May and half were for test drives when he put her up for sale last year and the beginning of this year. So really she hasn't been driven much at all in over a year so she has a bit of build-up that needs to get dusted out. There will be some body work but all that was pretty much expected.

With all that said she did exceptionally well driving the 6hrs here to Winnemucca and has been great the entire ride. I am seriously happy that I found it and cant wait to start working on her!!

That's an extremely light 8B4?? Marley before and after is 8B4.. Very interesting...

J
Yeah well she is SUPER faded. I will post some better pics when we get home today.

So after a 3hr drive from Winnemucca we are home safely. Absolutely no issues with her at all.

Here are some pics of her at her new home. I will post again later.
image-693987046.jpg
image-623122080.jpg
image-55616137.jpg
image-513878353.jpg
image-3652277106.jpg
image-1892196875.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom