Builds Finally got my own...Meet BeBe (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiseroutfit said:
Really glad it went to a good home :cool:

Thanks Kurt. I am
Sure I will be calling you in the future for some new additions to her.

Well at the last minute the wife decided she wants to go out with me to get the truck, but our weekend are so packed we have to wait til the end of Sept. Owner is fine with that but bummed that I have to wait that long.

righton greg!!!!!!

i've got the brake booster sitting in a box for you....

georg

righton greg!!!!!!

i've got the brake booster sitting in a box for you....

georg

Sweet Georg, much thanks! Just talked to the rents, they are headed up on the 21st so I am going to have them swing by the shop and grab it from ya. I am sure I will be by, if nothing else, whe the cioppino feed at the Italian Athletics club happens in January for other things.

Any luck on the 60 speedo cable? If not, not bigs, think Kurt has one that I can grab.

all of the original issues of the truck were very similar to mine, that being said
you bought a fine rig :)

Congrats Greg!!

I am planning a trip out hwy 50 to Moab and surrounding areas at the end of Sept and can swoop you guys up depending on my seatbelt count... Might be snug though if the whole family comes... Either way, we will be out there at end of sept and Reevesci might make is way down/nearby and it would be great to all get together (same or nearby campsites) for some BBQ, beers and maybe an easy trail ride... :D :steer:

Finnyfam60 said:
Congrats Greg!!

I am planning a trip out hwy 50 to Moab and surrounding areas at the end of Sept and can swoop you guys up depending on my seatbelt count... Might be snug though if the whole family comes... Either way, we will be out there at end of sept and Reevesci might make is way down/nearby and it would be great to all get together (same or nearby campsites) for some BBQ, beers and maybe an easy trail ride... :D :steer:

Will definitely keep that in mind! It would be awesome to meet some of the guys from here and definitely going to be me and the wife. The owner said he is more than happy to pick us up at the airport and apparently doesn't live that far from it. Thankfully we will have a decent weekend to do everything so the wife and I are going to try and make the best of it. If nothing else maybe we can all meet up for a beer.

So this will become my build thread for Bebe and as I start doing things to her I will post on here. Already got the brake booster lined up from Georg and since the rents are (literally) driving right by his shop the are going to grab for me on their way up here the weekend beforehand. If replacing the brake booster were and easy/quick job I would just do there since I will already have the replacement.

Brake Booster Replacement

[STRIKE]Ok so here is a dumb question... I have looked through the manuals that SpikeStrip has in his signature but cannot seem to find the "brake booster".
If I am interpreting what I have read the brake booster is the large, round item that the brake master comes out of, correct?[/STRIKE]

Ok found what I was looking for on Youtube and was exactly as I was thinking. Wondering if I should go ahead and replace the brake MC while I am at it. For those that have not done this before (and I could not find a "how-to" on the forums) here is the video. Guy even does it on what looks like an 80 Toyota mini-truck.

http://youtu.be/1IUVAuGrrgI (don't know why I can't get the embedding to work)

Last edited:
Woot! Tickets out there are bought, parents are picking up the booster from Georg in a couple weeks. Damn the end of Sept can't get here quick enough!

Oh, and on a side note.....OF COURSE!!! OF#($&(@COURSE!!! Randomly got an email from a friend, Tan FJ60 ('85) popped up in Carson City.. SERIOUSLY!!?!?!?! Oh well, has quite a bit more miles on it than mine now.

Ok so was talking to the owner again and getting some info on when last services were done on it (everything is pretty much up to snuff but will do the standard oil/lube changes when I get her).

I could not find it in our emails but at some point I remembered him saying something about the window regulator going out. Anyways, he did confirm that the driverside regulator needs "help" going up and down when rolling the window. Says it does fully go up and down just needs a little help as a few teeth are rounded inside and thus skip/miss.

How hard is this to replace?
This is it right? Thinking 37/38 R/L?
130A1.gif

Ok so was talking to the owner again and getting some info on when last services were done on it (everything is pretty much up to snuff but will do the standard oil/lube changes when I get her).

I could not find it in our emails but at some point I remembered him saying something about the window regulator going out. Anyways, he did confirm that the driverside regulator needs "help" going up and down when rolling the window. Says it does fully go up and down just needs a little help as a few teeth are rounded inside and thus skip/miss.

That's it G, pretty easy to do. Need to remove the door panel of course and the glass bolts to the rail on the regulator.

RockAuto has the regulators new for a pretty good price or email Jason at cruiseryard.com for a used one he'll tell you everything about it before he pulls it.... I have a spare but, it will stay in the parts cabinet for a rainy day. :grinpimp: If I'm ever in need of replacing mine.

J

130A1.gif

I think I have one that you can have for the price of shipping that I took out of the 60 door I replaced my rusted out 62's driver door that is just sitting if you want it. It worked great before I pulled it to replace it with my power window junk. I'd love to help out. PM me.

Thanks for the offer TPerry! PM Sent!

No problem. I'm pretty sure this is the one you need. It's out of the front driver's side door.

nLqnR.jpg

Super easy. Had to do mine too.

Yeah I can remember doing this with my dad on our old Mazda B2000 pick-up at one point. Think we had just gone to the Pick-N-Pull and got one.

Now I just have to order:
- Silicone vacuum hose (3mm and 5mm) to replace all the lines and do desmog (will get from boostcontroller.com)
- Speedometer Cable to replace broken one (will get from Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters)
- Knuckle Rebuild kit for leaking passenger front knuckle, will get two to do the entire front (will get from Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters)
- Various odds and ends tools to do most of this stuff

Talking with the Owner last night he said he has done the maintenance within the last year (and only really drove it a few hundred miles since then) but I will do a full oil change, check diff/tranny/t-case fluids when I get the chance/funds.

Got to figure out the smog pump situation (after talking with other a little confused on what he did but getting clarification soon hopefully) and will have to order a pulley from JimC. I will probably just get all his smog delete items at one time and call it good.

Well my bday is next week and looks like the wife was in cahoots with my brother.
Got this today in the mail with a message from him saying Happy Birthday!

Untitled by renofizz, on Flickr

Ok seriously bummed!!! Just went to the vendor market to find that SLCFJ62 has completely stopped building the headlight upgrade and fuse box kits!:crybaby: Apparently, his new job has taken over priority (good for him) and thus he has not time to dedicated to building these.

Anyone know of something similar, always heard everyone rave about his as the benchmark.

Wow that is a bummer! I just ordered mine from him like two weeks and it's the best upgrade I've done so far. He has a schematic and after getting the harness it wouldn't be to hard to build yourself.
I know kurt at cruiseroutfitters sells the ipf harness for a similar price. Your high beam indicator may not work though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom