Few questions new member. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just purchased a 2004 Lexus lx470. It's got 177,000 mi on it it was very well maintained. It's hard loaded even with the infrared camera. I have poked around and I have not found the definitive answer. First question the power steering seems too stiff and it doesn't really want to return to center without assistance. I've checked the vacuum line on the pressure increase port in the vacuum line seem fine. This truck was maintained by the dealer and it looks like the steering rack was replaced and they did some work on the steering at one point. I'm going to assume that it doesn't have the wrong fluid in it. Next question is I lose the voltage gauge and a speedometer every once in awhile I'm going to assume it must just be the plug behind the cluster? I did get a speed sensor error on the right rear wheel yesterday which I'm going to replace. This vehicle is lifted with all icon suspension and the hydraulic system has been removed I didn't know if that might have something to do with a few little problems I'm
1000010082.png
having. The only other problem I see is when I put it in low range the low range light does not come on but that's not a huge deal. Anyway thank you any information would be awesome

I just purchased a 2004 Lexus lx470. It's got 177,000 mi on it it was very well maintained. It's hard loaded even with the infrared camera. I have poked around and I have not found the definitive answer. First question the power steering seems too stiff and it doesn't really want to return to center without assistance. I've checked the vacuum line on the pressure increase port in the vacuum line seem fine. This truck was maintained by the dealer and it looks like the steering rack was replaced and they did some work on the steering at one point. I'm going to assume that it doesn't have the wrong fluid in it. Next question is I lose the voltage gauge and a speedometer every once in awhile I'm going to assume it must just be the plug behind the cluster? I did get a speed sensor error on the right rear wheel yesterday which I'm going to replace. This vehicle is lifted with all icon suspension and the hydraulic system has been removed I didn't know if that might have something to do with a few little problems I'mView attachment 3535220 having. The only other problem I see is when I put it in low range the low range light does not come on but that's not a huge deal. Anyway thank you any information would be awesome
Wow! Awesome forum.

Hi there! Welcome to the forum. Here are my thoughts:

• Your hard steering. I get that it may be hard to turn. Looks like between the lift and the bigger tires, it may not feel as close to stock as it should. We may need more info. For example, was the rack replaced with an aftermarket rack or was it an actual Toyota rack. 100-series really do well and last many years with factory parts.
    • What work did they actually do to the steering system. The more info we have, the easier it is to help understand what the problem could be.
  • Losing part of your cluster like the Voltage and speedometer; do you mean the illumination? Or do they stop working?
    • Again, More info could help troubleshoot and point everyone into the right direction.
  • Speed Sensor sounds like you are going to replace it. Make sure to use an OEM part. If it last 18+ years, it will do it again.
  • Low Range Light. Does it actually go into Low Range, or does it not illuminate. Could be related to the other issue with the cluster.

This is a great forum. I just recommend giving as much info as possible when soliciting for help.

I've got an 05 and when I shut it down every once in a while my tach gauge won't fall back to 0. It may settle anywhere between 0 and 600 RPM. The consequence being on the next startup whatever RPM is displayed on the gauge is actually 0 - 600 RPM higher for the duration of the drive cycle (depending on where it settled on previous shutdown) than what it actually is. I've verified this with a live data scan tool.

I haven't chased down a fix for it. But just spent some searching and found suggestions in this thread that mention some of dash connections coming loose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom