Events/Trails Feb 8-9 Anza trip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looks like my KOH plans to go out there thurs/fri got spoiled, daughter is sick, my wife can't miss work so I have to stay home with her instead. Trying to salvage the weekend and still get out for a night on saturday, Anza should be nice, weather is looking good. Anyone interested?

I'm a hard probably - what time and what part of Anza are you thinking?

Leave between 7-8am, we could do a nice loop, starting on the trail by banner, rodriguez canyon? drop out on S2 take that over to seco de diablo, diablo drop off to fish creek, check out sandstone canyon, and assess the time and energy level, decide where we want to go from there. But I am not partial to other routes if you have something else in mind.

So want to go... but work Saturday and Sunday is jammed already...:censor:

I'm in. Just pick a time and place and I'll see you there. Are you bringing kids?

Edit: 8AM at Dudley's. 10-4.

Last edited:
I'd like to go too but I just got the Cruiser back together yesterday. We're leaving for Utah on Friday next week and can't afford to break anything.

HAVE FUN!

Myself, @mckunz and @Mogwai had a great time. We hit the main attractions, mud caves, diablo drop off, sandstone canyon, slot canyon, and found a nice camp site within hawk canyon. Chris @mckunz blew our minds with a culinary technique of dipping hot dogs into queso dip. After a round of moscow mules, Zac decided to dip his balls in there as well, which proved to be equally delicious. All in all it was great trip with good company, looking forward to more.

IMG_1155.jpg

IMG_1156.jpg

IMG_1157.jpg

IMG_1160.jpg

How far can you get into Sandstone these days? I still remember an epic trip when we were able to get “all the way” through. Climbing up a steep hill which led to a great view of S2 and surrounding desert. Maybe that’s the norm now, but I doubt it.

Cheese dipped balls & beer... Good times

@619TOY I remember those days, now its much more limited, its maybe 3 miles total, I think there was a massive collapse that cut off a large part of the canyon. But we didnt even make it that far, as we were going in, another vehicle was heading out and let us know there were 50-60 jeeps at the end getting ready to leave, so we turned around to avoid running into them.

@619TOY I remember those days, now its much more limited, its maybe 3 miles total, I think there was a massive collapse that cut off a large part of the canyon. But we didnt even make it that far, as we were going in, another vehicle was heading out and let us know there were 50-60 jeeps at the end getting ready to leave, so we turned around to avoid running into them.
Thanks and yep that’s what I figured. I’ve probably done Sandstone a dozen times but that was probably the first, last and only time that was going to happen. Many years ago they also used to put up bollards just about where the canyon started getting interesting...

Is that Oriflamme your coming back on??

How was the condition of diablo dropoff?

I recently heard that the Diablo area had a collapse and difficult in certain areas

Yes the seco del diablo canyon is either impassable or difficult, we went down seco del tapiado the one that has the mud caves, it loops around and connects with the road that leads to the drop off. The drop off was normal there was a more challenging line to the right of the normal one that we played around on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom