Fairey Overdrives (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Still around for sale??

Still around for sale??

Knowing John [cause he's a packrat like me] he's probably got all of them PLUS one more since the time he took that pic!:p

Sometimes he's away from the puter for a week or so. I'm sure he'll post up when he gets back online.

:cheers:

As the new owner of Hltoppr's FJ45, agreed I like the OD unit and have not had a problem at all as of yet. I am toying with some changes to the tranny/tcase so I may have a complete unit available if these are not still available.

As the new owner of Hltoppr's FJ45, agreed I like the OD unit and have not had a problem at all as of yet. I am toying with some changes to the tranny/tcase so I may have a complete unit available if these are not still available.

Chances are if your's has the original drive train it will have a split case which is a totally different Fairey Overdrive. I've got a few parts in my overdrive stuff that are not for the one piece transfer so they be pieces for the split case transfer.

Still have these available just not pushing them to hard. They don't really take up that much room.

Raising this 10 year old thread...

I just bought a '75 with the 4 speed and Fairey. I love the feel of the unit, but it has a substantial leak. There is a noticeable whine/hum over my '76's tranny sound. I'll try to fab a gasket, but I'm really in the dark about this thing. I understand I should give the OD a full inspection, but is there anything else to look at while I'm at it? Is the gasket replacement involving removal of the OD unit? I'll probably only ever use this thing for highway speeds. Thanks in advance!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom