Factory Torsen REAR differential (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bjowett

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Toyota added the option of a Torsen rear diff to some late model 150 Series in non- North American markets. Part number for the differential is 41301-60200, which can be purchased in the low to mid $1k range. The complete diff chunk is also available with it, but only with 3.73 and 3.90 ratios.

Torsen and brake actuated traction control are a great combo.

Do you know what is the difference on 18+ prado rear diff? For some reason ARB did not list rear locker nor front locker for 2017+ model. The US version seem to stay the same. Nor sure if that means they convert to 8.75 diff same as Tacoma, Hilux and Fourtuner.

Wow! Just learned something this morning.
Never heard of nor new about "Torsen" differentials.
Here is a great explanation behind the mechanicals of it.

Very cool technology!

It’s still the same BD21 series diff.
3473ACFC-E212-43CE-8724-EEB954B4B95C.png
5954242C-9238-438C-86CB-16CEA9029F22.png

Do you know what is the difference on 18+ prado rear diff? For some reason ARB did not list rear locker nor front locker for 2017+ model. The US version seem to stay the same. Nor sure if that means they convert to 8.75 diff same as Tacoma, Hilux and Fourtuner.
Not sure where you are getting your information but ARB lockers certainly fit in my 2018 GX.

Not sure where you are getting your information but ARB lockers certainly fit in my 2018 GX.
Not talking about North American model. I know they still use 8.2 diff. I ask some Australian Prado owner and the housing look a bit different. There is a bit massive trusses under the housing. I need to find that picture again.

If you go to ARB Australia, no locking diff are available for 2017+ model.

The elocker version are available. The non elocker are much harder to find.
You could see the truss underneath. Makes the axle housing stronger but also can Rob ground clearance.
Screenshot_20230411_095843_Chrome.jpg

So the bottom of the housing to the left and fight of the differential housing are the gussets on the HD version?

7EA0C4BB-37FC-4E92-B3D8-AFF8E8406FB7.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom