Factory Auxiliary Sub Tank Install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Where did you find the sub tank? I'm having a hard time finding them to purchase, let alone for 45 bucks!

Mud classified
thumb.gif

As for price not a lot of people are comfortable with cutting and welding on gas tanks

nice work. did you source the hoses for the filler neck from toyota also?

Thanks!

Gates 23964 gas filler neck hose - soft and flexible

I have ~2' remaining after the install if you are in need

Reactions: RFB
Phil! How did you manage a tank for $45!??

Man, guess I should upgrade my fuel pump. It takes FOREVER for my subtank to fill my maintank while driving. I have to hit it at 1/2 tank for the ability to not stop and refuel.

Phil! How did you manage a tank for $45!??

No secret
IH8MUD classified
I bought a dual filler neck first then I thought about it AND I emailed him back a couple hours later for the tank
I paid what he was asking also:meh:

Man, guess I should upgrade my fuel pump. It takes FOREVER for my subtank to fill my maintank while driving. I have to hit it at 1/2 tank for the ability to not stop and refuel.

My guess only doing once is the Holley Blue will dump 14.75 gals in 10-12 minutes

Reactions: RFB
I think it also has to do with the fact I'm getting 8mpg. The aux pump cant keep up with the demand lol.

Great writeup btw. Just got done painting my puma mount /threadjack

I think it also has to do with the fact I'm getting 8mpg. The aux pump cant keep up with the demand lol.

Great writeup btw. Just got done painting my puma mount /threadjack

How are you guy figuring MPG?? I would need to dump gas to get MPG that bad.

Are you using the Puma mount for a Puma?

Calculating tank fill ups to miles per tank and cross referencing the scan gauge.

Ya, will mount it all up tomorrow.

I have read this thread too many times now, and I have to say Phil, this is an ingenious solution and very simple. I love it. I would totally want to replicate it... rather badly. I loved it back when I had a Diesel Suburban with a 42 gallon tank. With average 16 MPG, I have achieved 650 miles between fill-ups, and that was just awesome. I love being able to know that I have capacity to spare, especially when going on road trips and into unknown territory with unknown fueling options.

Now I have to find and fab parts!

Thanks for sharing,

Muddy1

I have read this thread too many times now, and I have to say Phil, this is an ingenious solution and very simple. I love it. I would totally want to replicate it... rather badly. I loved it back when I had a Diesel Suburban with a 42 gallon tank. With average 16 MPG, I have achieved 650 miles between fill-ups, and that was just awesome. I love being able to know that I have capacity to spare, especially when going on road trips and into unknown territory with unknown fueling options.

Now I have to find and fab parts!

Thanks for sharing,

Muddy1

Thanks you!

I enjoy the parts building but I do spend a lot of time doing so. Accessing the all the needed parts is a mo better way to go unless you really like the building part and have the time.

I strongly recommend Gates 23964 it is soft like radiator hose and very easy to work with but made for gas filler necks. Traditional fuel neck hose is like pipe cover in rubber.:eek:
IMG_9664.JPG

I could not find it by the foot, 3' was the shortest. After hooking up both tanks this is what remains. It could be done with less but clamping would have been more difficult.

IMG_9663.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom