F155 head on 3FE block? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have checked the faqs. It is mentioned but never confirmed. From my research it looks like it will bolt up but may or may not have low compression.

1988 3fe block
1974 F155 head

My thougth are that the F155 is hard to get parts for and may not be able to get rebuild. I sold my last one to Mark A. Now I have stumbled onto another one. This is yet another one of my projects that will get done one day but not anytime soon.

Has anyone done this? Is it too much work?

Thanks,
Rob

I know someone who put a 3FE head on a '71 F block, so I believe it works from a compression standpoint. He added EFI to his '71 FJ55, however, and that was his reason.

You might check both intake and exhaust manifold fit carefully (whichever manifolds you plan to use) before fully committing to this idea.

I know someone who put a 3FE head on a '71 F block, so I believe it works from a compression standpoint. He added EFI to his '71 FJ55, however, and that was his reason.

You might check both intake and exhaust manifold fit carefully (whichever manifolds you plan to use) before fully committing to this idea.

Would curious how they resolved the oiling of the rockers. Prior to the 74 model the rockers were oiled by a loose copper tube that connected directly to the rockers. 74 plus was fed directly thru a passage in on of the rocker supports. The idea of adding a 3FE head to the old oiling system would be something I would not waste my time putting any effort into.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom