F engine with updated valve cover question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jvincig01

SILVER Star
Threads
As you can see, I have a F145 but I recently swapped out the old valve cover for a later model. One question, can someone tell me where this open hose vent goes to? I am finishing up my hoses right now and am scratching my head. It's on the drivers side toward the back.

Thanks!
Josh

IMG_7700.JPG
IMG_7697.JPG

I run a webber :-( but I ran the hose to the lower housing on the air filter on it.

The Weber is OK but I wish I had just done a good rebuild on the stock carb. The aisin is a really good carb when its done right. The Weber is kind of finicky. I don't hate it but I wouldn't do it again.

Can you de-smog with a stock aisin? That's the main reason I got a Weber. The first one from JTO leaked through a casting seam and I think Weber was very embarrassed by it, sending me another in two days and of course wanting the first one back as quickly. I think the hardest part of connecting the PCV valve hose to the Weber air breather base will be the sharp angles of attachment, may need some 90 degree fittings for it.

I have a fully rebuilt and fully baffled Holley 350 with polished aluminum Downey oval air cleaner that sure would look righteous with that polished valve cover. If you'd have any interest you could PM me.

IMG_7776.JPG
I have a fully rebuilt and fully baffled Holley 350 with polished aluminum Downey oval air cleaner that sure would look righteous with that polished valve cover. If you'd have any interest you could PM me.

Sounds cool. I'm going to see how this one runs for a while.

I have an F-engine, can I buy an F2 valve cover and it will be a simple replacement?
Yup. However.... you cant go with the one that has the raised 2F markings on it. It has to be smooth like the one I have. Not a single leak as the rubber gasket is superior to cork! I picked mine up from Mark @65swb45 and then polished it up. To me, unless you are doing a complete nut and bolt resto, this upgrade is a no brainer. :)

ah, thats right. i guess i have never noticed the other one before. It kind of worked out well for me that I have no markings and a 1f engine. Kinda looks like it was made for my year. :)

i remember that air cleaner i installed many back in the day still have a carb and air cleaner as a wall hanger downey made many good products still have some of thier catalogs also

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom