F.5 head bolts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Engine assembly was started today but a slight issue has arose. Now there are only 4 head bolts. So I thought just buy a new set. Cannot find anything for the 1974 F.5. Everything is 1975 2F and later. No problem I said to myself. Went a removed a couple bolts on the 1972 F that I have. Oops they are too short. The bolts I have are 6.25" over all length. Are the 2F head bolts the same length?

Last edited:
F and 2F are the same length; only the F.5 is different.

Thats sweet............ Looks like I need to find a set. Mark I guess you have a set.

I do not.

Yes. Then I tried the aftermarket. Was going to call ARP tomorrow to see if they had anything available. Bad thing is they were all there when I delivered the engine.

Yes. Then I tried the aftermarket. Was going to call ARP tomorrow to see if they had anything available. Bad thing is they were all there when I delivered the engine.

So the machine shop is going to cover it? Tell ‘em SOR wants $36 each and see if they don’t magically start finding them.

I’ll take a look in the morning, but I’m pretty sure all I have left are the ones I need to reassemble the motor I got from @matzell

If you have one take it to fastenal they can probably match it. Yeah won’t be OEM but it will one.

So the machine shop is going to cover it? Tell ‘em SOR wants $36 each and see if they don’t magically start finding them.

I’ll take a look in the morning, but I’m pretty sure all I have left are the ones I need to reassemble the motor I got from @matzell

Its not that easy. A good friend of mine is doing all of the assembly and somehow one of us lost them.

Had some throttle brackets that I sent to @emac so yesterday I tossed them into the media tumbler to clean them up a bit. So today while digging the brackets out to my surprise I found head bolts in my hand. All 8 were in there.

20180207_062420.jpg

Well, I’m digging into the engine section now. SURPRISE!! I have at least 60 of them
A857E944-3610-4CB9-8482-1197D45DCDD7.jpeg

So, are they any options for aftermarket bolts/studs for if/when the bolts are out of spec and need to be replaced?

So, are they any options for aftermarket bolts/studs for if/when the bolts are out of spec and need to be replaced?

I never found any place that had the bolts or correct length studs in stock. Could get custom made studs but very expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom