Exterior Cover? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have a good exterior cover for their 70 that they like? Obviously I don't expect to get one that fits perfectly, but would like something for my BJ74 that isn't completely the wrong size, while also high quality. I park my truck outside quite a bit. Thanks.

California Car Covers?

They can make anything. I'd say take measurements of your truck (available in the body section of the FSM) and submit to them and see what a custom cover would cost.

I was thinking about doing this as well, thanks!

California Car Covers?

They can make anything. I'd say take measurements of your truck (available in the body section of the FSM) and submit to them and see what a custom cover would cost.

Much obliged. I'll check them out.

As I brushed 12" of snow off the troopy the other day, I was thinking the same thing! Let us know what you discover.

Any recent news on the Cover front?

I may be on the minority on this, but I think the money will be better spent on a windshield shade & maybe some shades for the side windows. Car covers are pricey, and even if they fit well, add in the wind, sand, and moisture that will inevitably get between the paint job and cover, and you are right back where you started.

Car Cover inside a garage may be a good idea, but out in the elements, I'm not really sold.

i would consider mine more of a dust cover. If it could stop 80% of tree sap and bird crap, I would be happy.

Definitely not trying to start arguments, and everyones parking situation is different (birds, leaves, pine tree needles, sap, sun).

All said, I put a cover on a Mustang for a few years when I was out of the country and when I returned the clear coat was badly peeling. An old friend from High School that has been doing auto body his entire life told me they are the worse thing you can do for your vehicle paint job when out in the elements. Just passing on my experience and some alternative opinions.

If I had kids with bikes and a cluttered garage, I'd use a car cover in the garage.
Edit: (I have a cluttered garage, just not kids with bikes)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom