extended brake lines fzj80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Waking up a bit of a dead thread here... but @lacresta did you ever find a solution?

I'm installing extended brake lines on my '94, with a slinky kit I actually bought from @FMC80 and the passenger side front line has the double female ends, but the coupling piece is too short to fit through the bracket properly...
View attachment 3528952View attachment 3528953

New ones on right... not only too short but mounting collar is shaped differently than bracket opening...

I read through this entire thread, and others, without finding a definitive solution...

@landtank referenced a bracket replacement

PN 47356-6011

But I assume that only for the frame side. Is there one for the axle as well?

Has anyone actually solved this issue, which seems to be unique to the 93-94 model years?

I'm leaning towards modifying the current bracket to get the female ends to mount up... but would LOVE to hear if any 93-94 owners have found a definitive solution here.
This is what mine looks like. I don’t remember running into any issues.

IMG_2689.jpeg

IMG_2691.jpeg

IMG_2690.jpeg

The new brake line itself if plenty long... it's the female fitting. It's physically a shorter female piece.
Is the brake line in question part of the kit I sold you?

It came as part of the kit I bought via Australian merchants.

If it’s wrong hit me up. I may have an extra brand new TOYOTA OEM extended brake line to replace it with.

Yeah that's the one. The other two lines fit perfect, but that passenger front one isn't happy. I'm going to head back out this morning and figure it out... probably just hog out the brackets.

If you do have that OEM one laying around would you mind taking a picture of the female ends?

Yeah that's the one. The other two lines fit perfect, but that passenger front one isn't happy. I'm going to head back out this morning and figure it out... probably just hog out the brackets.

If you do have that OEM one laying around would you mind taking a picture of the female ends?
I looked through my stash. I only found the m/f ones. Sorry man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom