Expo & camping? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone planning to do the weekend pass and camping at the Expo? Do we want to organize a club camp site?

Overland Expo West 2019

there are a few people going. hopefully we can get a group area/club campsite.

the blender will be blending.....

I am all set with @Highway Romping to leave about noon time on May 16th to go to expo for the 3 days.

The past 2 years a group of use from Tucson have camped out by Mary Lake and attended the event on Saturday only, then taken a slow route back to Tucson Sunday. One day seems to be enough expo for us and avoiding the crowd is a plus. @D_Web and another few are talking about cruising the ADV bikes up, so I will be the pack wagon of the trip hauling gear, food, dog, and refreshments. Planning to cook up a good meal and have a relaxed time Friday and Saturday night. If anyone wants to have an off grounds CSC Camp, we can do it there. No pressure.

I am all set with @Highway Romping to leave about noon time on May 16th to go to expo for the 3 days.
I was also thinking of going up in the 16th to get a good spot. It would be nice if we could pull a club spot together. I like the raffle Friday night and enjoy the expo on Saturday and roll out Sunday mid-morning.

So who all is planning to camp out?

The past 2 years a group of use from Tucson have camped out by Mary Lake and attended the event on Saturday only, then taken a slow route back to Tucson Sunday. One day seems to be enough expo for us and avoiding the crowd is a plus. @D_Web and another few are talking about cruising the ADV bikes up, so I will be the pack wagon of the trip hauling gear, food, dog, and refreshments. Planning to cook up a good meal and have a relaxed time Friday and Saturday night. If anyone wants to have an off grounds CSC Camp, we can do it there. No pressure.

I might consider coming up for an overnight with Graham. I was going to come up for one day for the expo anyway.

I'm planning on coming up this year, I'd be open for camping. This is my first year so I don't know the logistics.

Since @Rudster and myself are heading up on Thursday around noon, if anyone would like us to save you a spot, just let me or Rudster know, we should be able to save 1-2 spots without any issue.

Jason, I camped at lower Lake Mary last year for the expo and really enjoyed it. Was planning on repeating this year and would be interested in joining your camp site.

Fine by me. Here is where we camped the last two years: 35°06'47.6"N 111°39'43.2"W

I will be heading up on Friday as quick as I can get away, and will secure the site. I'll post up closer to time with more details.

I will bring this up at the meeting tomorrow night to see what everyone’s thinking 👍

I will bring this up at the meeting tomorrow night to see what everyone’s thinking 👍
Thanks Ken, I may head up there, but not sure yet.

I can't go to the Expo this year... sigh.... as others have said there are a lot of open areas between I-17 and Lake Mary Road.

This is where we camped last year or close to it.
35.10167, -111.63493

There is a pretty quick backway to the Expo grounds as well.

Will be there with the family Saturday, but not camping.

I am only coming for friday unless something changes. Planned on camping on my land(not very close to overland) and heading into unit 10 for some coyote and prarie dog hunting/wheeling. Basically north side of ashfork and williams.

I haven't gone since they relocated the event. There used to be a fun little bar right next to the entrance - anything similar in proximity to where it's currently held?

The bar scene at Fort Tuttle County Park is pretty lame....as in non-existent. There are sponsored happy hours in the evenings and no lack of libations and fun among the campers.

When I went last year the on-site campground was almost full early Friday morning (I do the 3-day overland experience), so this year I'm heading up Thursday. You can check in up until 6:00pm Thursday night. If anyone else is camping on the expo grounds I'm game for a CSC rendezvous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom