For Sale Expedition Trailer in CO (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD
Trailer is NOT for sale but the roof top tent is now sold.

Located in Western Colorado.

Factory built in Idaho 2011. I purchased in 2012 and had it rebuilt professionally to my specs to make it an extremely capable expedition trailer. All structural square tubing is 2x2x .125 with aluminum diamond plate sides. Main backbone is 3x3x .250 with 2" receiver at rear. Two heavy duty stabilizer legs at rear corners. Off road Max coupler included. Trailer weight unloaded 730#, ready to camp with RTT and typical gear about 1100#. 3500# solid axle, electric brakes, parking brakes*, six lug Toyota pattern, 7 pin plug, all lights led and working. Optima yellow top battery near new. Tires are BFG AT 315/75/R16 with about 1/3 tread remaining (last long on light trailer). Water tank mounted stays and brackets for propane and gas stay. Suspension is 5 leaf Jeep with shocks and rides smooth as a baby buggy. Actually rides better than my FJ with Icon suspension.

The Autohome Columbus Variant RTT was installed new May 2013. It only weighs 90# and is the fastest setup going (30" to open, a couple minutes to adjust doors, windows, etc). This unit is their regular small, bed size is 48x78". Custom ladder attaches to fender for easy access, factory ladder included. Tent is wired and lighted.

Trailer easily converted to utility hauler by pulling off RTT (8 bolts) and roll back tonneau cover. Full drop tailgate.

Asking $7500 (reduced) ready to roll with clean title.

* Hand brake levers included but need to be attached to the frame and run a cable to brakes pivots.

Thanks for looking,

Ace

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Lots of folks building trailers these days. Not an easy task and there are big pitfalls; get the balance wrong and it tows like a flopping fish. My trailer has proven itself having done two months in Baja and numerous difficult trails all over the west. It has never so much as gotten a scratch because of lots of clearance yet low center of gravity. Also minimal affect on gas mileage because it sits in the wind shadow of the tow rig.

image.jpg

I've been fortunate to travel with Ace before and I'm always envious of this set-up. This should find a nice new home in no time!

This warm weather we have been having in Colorado is getting folks jonesing to go camping. This rig is absolutely ready to go now.

Ps thanks Stan
image.jpg

The photos make it look small but box size is actually 72 x 48 x 15".

image.jpg
Spring is just around the corner and this is the perfect small camper. One important feature of any small camper is keep it loaded with most of your gear. Then when you decide to camp you toss in your food and clothing and your ready to go. Quick and easy.

Reducing the price to $7500. Willing to sell the RTT separately for $2000.

Last edited:
This trailer compares well with an AT Chaser but cost is about 1/2. Independent suspension is overrated in a trailer. Because the whole trailer pivots at the hitch articulation is high. Soft springs and shocks are what make a light trailer ride easy. This trailer just floats along nicely.

This trailer wants to go camping and I just want to see it go. It's just collecting dust sitting in my garage.

New photo showing quality of build and attention to detail that went into this trailer. Only asking $7500. Build cost was over $9000.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Guy coming to take a look Friday am. This is what he will see all set up in my driveway.
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
NOT FOR SALE. I have decided to keep the trailer. Plan to build a shell for it. However I'm still wanting to sell the RTT. It's an Auto-home Columbus Variant small. Bed size 78 x 48 x 3". New cost now $2600, asking $2000.

Last edited:
Reduced price to $1800.

Tent is in excellent condition. It was purchased new direct from Autohome in May 2013. Price now reduced to $1500. Today's new cost is $2600 for same RTT.

Bump for a sale, RTT only. It's now in storage hanging in my garage. Somebody needs to buy this and put it to good use.

Nice tent and trailer, man! I really need to get someone to bend tube like yours has with the fenders, etc.. If I had the $$ I would take that RTT off of your hands...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom