Exhaust work - 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need to get new exhaust from the donut gasket back. One reason is that I have an exhaust leak that seems like it is coming from the donut gasket area and the other reason is that exhaust fumes are terrible in the cab. It also appears that the PO had new routing of the exhaust and they went under the skid plate and then out the passenger side rear. I want to put it back the way it shoud be, down the driver's side and out the same side. I have read that downturned tip may help with exhaust fumes as well.

There is a muffler shop near my house called Steve's Muffler Shop. It is off Arlington Ave in Greer just off Hwy 29. I wanted to see if any of you guys have had any work done by him. I have not had exhaust work done in forever and the last guy to do any for me was Rick's in Spartanburg by I-26 and Reidville Rd. That was on my Z71 about 8 years ago and was a simple muffler upgrade.

Thanks in advance for any input. Also, any advice on muffler type or style? I am thinking less restrictive, open style like Flowmaster or similar.

There is Glen's muffler shop in seneca, he knows landcruisers and is a good guy to work with. Marshall had some work done in mauldin on one of his rigs and was pleased with it, you'll have to ask him where he went I don't remember the name.

Thanks for the info. Luckily, it's not major work but it's always good to get a local review rather than learning the hard way!

Danny's in between Simpsonville and Ft. Inn has always been good to me.

Thanks Trollhole. I have developed a few idling issues after runnig great for about a month. I think I may need to do a proper de-smog as the air pump is not working but that's about it for a de-smog. After I do that, I will likely come see you for pointers and to look at my ride for some finishing touches and getting little kinks worked out. I need to come see you anyways as you are right in my area. if nothing else, I will come say hello!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom