exhaust hose and port for shop? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking for a setup to use on my truck and other vehicles during the cold months, to send exhaust from the tailpipe out through a port in the garage door.

Anyone have a hose / port setup they like?

I'm looking for a setup to use on my truck and other vehicles during the cold months, to send exhaust from the tailpipe out through a port in the garage door.

Anyone have a hose / port setup they like?

I've never heard of that, but I could imagine you can get some flexible dryer ductwork or something like that and fab up a connecting flange over the exhaust and out a hole in the wall or something. I just don't know how efficient that would be.

I've never heard of that, but I could imagine you can get some flexible dryer ductwork or something like that and fab up a connecting flange over the exhaust and out a hole in the wall or something. I just don't know how efficient that would be.

It's a pretty standard set up in colder climates! A lot of shops use the port in the door as a key drop for folks dropping their cars off, too.

It's a pretty standard set up in colder climates! A lot of shops use the port in the door as a key drop for folks dropping their cars off, too.

That's crazy! I live in AZ so I don't ever see the need for that. I'm guessing they come in handy when you need to start the car to diagnose/work on it and you don't wanna open the garage door? lol

That's crazy! I live in AZ so I don't ever see the need for that. I'm guessing they come in handy when you need to start the car to diagnose/work on it and you don't wanna open the garage door? lol
You're right: that set-up keeps the garage doors closed so all the heat doesn't escape.

I was wondering if the shops in AZ used AC in the heat? I'd think they might use a similar piece of equipment.

Spent some time in Tucson myself over the winters when I was younger. So much more open space and a way different landscape than MA!

Haha not here at least! Most shops leave the garage doors open and if they have A/C keep it running. I've never seen a shop in Tucson have closed bay doors unless they're closed!

It's beautiful out here. I love the fact that we have Mt. Lemmon 30 minutes away another 5 hours away you have the White Mountains. I just hate it here during the monsoons!

Never been to MA but did spend some time in DC for a field trip once. A little humid over there in the PNW huh?

Haha not here at least! Most shops leave the garage doors open and if they have A/C keep it running. I've never seen a shop in Tucson have closed bay doors unless they're closed!

It's beautiful out here. I love the fact that we have Mt. Lemmon 30 minutes away another 5 hours away you have the White Mountains. I just hate it here during the monsoons!

Never been to MA but did spend some time in DC for a field trip once. A little humid over there in the PNW huh?

Mt. Lemmon is awesome, and I love Madera Canyon, too.

Hate to disappoint, but MA is in New England, not the Pacific Northwest! 75% of New England could probably fit within the borders of AZ, hahaha.

Mt. Lemmon is awesome, and I love Madera Canyon, too.

Hate to disappoint, but MA is in New England, not the Pacific Northwest! 75% of New England could probably fit within the borders of AZ, hahaha.

I'll actually be going up there tonight! Never been to Madera canyon though, but it's on the list!

And whoops, shows how much I know about geography :confused:

tamato tomato right?

I got mine here: Garage Door Exhaust Ports

They have a variety of diameters and thicknesses (for thickness of door). They also have connectors for the exhaust hoses. I picked up the hose itself from a local supplier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom