For Sale Eugene, OR 1996 Lexus LX450 (194k, no lockers, no rust) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am putting my 1996 Lexus LX450 up for sale on here and on Craigslist. It is a great rig but I have the opportunity to buy an HDJ100 in Europe, so I need to sell a couple Land Cruisers here to make that happen. So the 80 (and a 100 in a month or so) have to go.

Originally from Utah, it was purchased by the third owner in Camas, WA. I purchased it from him (also a 'mud member) in August of 2017. Here is the original sales link from the previous owner:

It has since lived in my garage here in Eugene, Oregon. It has no rust on the underside. Only minor rust on the hitch and a couple other spots (see negatives below). Otherwise, it is a spotless rig with no dents or bubbling paint. It has lived outside for this spring and summer as I have two 100's in the garage in various stages of modification.

The LX450 currently has about 194,000 miles, though this will go up slightly over time as I drive it to work once or twice a week (38 miles roundtrip). It does not have lockers. It is located in Eugene, OR and I am asking $7,000 OBO.

The vehicle is stock except for some various aftermarket additions the previous owner added (new stereo, cupholders, LED interior lighting, brake controller for trailer). The tires are newish BFGoodrich AT's (LT285/75R16) and have less than 5,000 miles on them. Comes with two OEM remotes and keys. I have all the documentation from the previous owner, as well as a variety of stock parts. I am not going to list the numerous positives for this truck...the pictures can speak for themselves. However, I will list the negatives below:

INTERIOR ISSUES

1. There is a sensor on the transmission that is faulty. Once the transmission is warmed up, the Overdrive light flashes on the instrument gauge. I don't have a Electrical manual for the LX450, so I don't know how to diagnose it.
2. There is a sensor for the oil system that is faulty. Once the engine has warmed up, the oil light flashes on the instrument gauge. Same story as above.
3. The engine is throwing a P0401 code. It just started doing that in the last month or so and I haven't had time to diagnose it.
4. Driver seatbelt is worn and is frayed on one edge for about 8".
5. The fan for blowing air into the cabin makes noise when on the Fresh Air setting. When it is set to Recirculate, it is silent.
6. The passenger door lock doesn't work with the master switch on the driver's door or the remote. Manual operation works fine.

EXTERIOR ISSUES

1. The windshield has a crack in it. It is pretty low in the windshield and there haven't been any more cracks develop during my time owning it.
2. The driver headlight and indicator light both have cracks in the glass/plastic. PO got hit by rocks before my ownership and I haven't replaced them. Lights work fine.
3. Paint chip on passenger side above front wheel fender is starting to rust. About 1/4" diameter.
4. The previous owner removed the rear spoiler and replaced the holes with bolts. The metal is rusting and will need to be addressed ASAP (see pics below). Easily the worst issue on this truck.
5. The front bumper scraped up against something in the past. Bumper is not dented but has scratches and paint markings (see pic below).
6. There is a slight oil leak in the engine. You can see the wet differential in a couple of the photos. I have not yet diagnosed this.

Photos are below:

LX450 01.jpg

LX450 02.jpg

LX450 03.jpg

LX450 04.jpg

Last edited:
More photos:

LX450 05.jpg

LX450 06.jpg

LX450 07.jpg

LX450 08.jpg

Engine photos:

LX450 09.jpg

LX450 10.jpg

LX450 11.jpg

LX450 12.jpg

Interior door photos:

LX450 13.jpg

LX450 14.jpg

LX450 15.jpg

LX450 16.jpg

More interior photos:

LX450 17.jpg

LX450 18.jpg

LX450 19.jpg

LX450 20.jpg

LX450 21.jpg

Undercarriage photos:

LX450 22.jpg

LX450 23.jpg

LX450 24.jpg

LX450 25.jpg

LX450 26.jpg

Photos of exterior problems:

LX450 27.jpg

LX450 28.jpg

LX450 29.jpg

LX450 30.jpg

Price Drop!

She was a good rig. Good luck with the sale! I miss her.

I’m trying to bring one back to the area this one came from! I should have never sold my 80series. I’m near Salt Lake City and can fly out to drive back home. Thanks,

Rick

Hey everyone, sorry for the silence on this sale. I was working with a couple potential buyers over the last couple of months. Glad to report that it sold over the weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom