Ethics Question (1 Viewer)

Should I leave as is and remain a purest or strip it and make it easier to work on?

• Leave It

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Strip it

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I did have a red tape smog incident this year tho. I bought an intake tube for my Hemi Commander. No box or cone. Just a tube that goes from oem box to oem TB. Amazon showed that it fit my truck and it said 50 state legal for $150 and came with the CARB sticker. A few months later my reg renewal comes and its my year to smog. No problem i roll to my regular place and i fail visual. WTF?

Dudebro tells me that the sticker doesn't include my car on the list and i should put the oem intake on. I have it so i put it on. I also got back on amazon and looked at the purchase. There was a tiny little link that basically said it would fit my vehicle but wasnt legal, yet a Hemi Cherokee of the same year was. I passed the sniffer and the 2 trucks are basically the same thing just one is uglier than the other and mine isnt complaint. I look up the intake that is legal and its is literally the same tube but the CARB sticker is a different number and its over $300.

We should all rest assured that soon we can just climb in our electric, self-driving vehicles and look at our phones knowing that insurance and gov't regs will do what is best for us...

I'm seriously considering removing and plugging the engine and carb to try and increase HP and fuel mileage...

Signed, Torn

I am not sure what exactly this means, "removing and plugging the engine..."?
If you are talking about a de-smog, there are many approachs. You can alter some systems in an intelligent manner, or you can try the "yank all the emissions crap out" that you hear on so many forums.
Jim C had a post that detailed emissions system by system and advised what alterations would actually have a positive impact on performance.
It is amazing the amount of effort that people put into de-smogging a 2F when simply setting mix and timing for max vacuum will deliver the best performance/mileage/emissions...

Okay, I'll commit... if you want to enjoy driving it, make it easy and reliable- that's code for drop in whatever makes it go far, easy, and for a long time. Many may read that as drop in an LS, or any number of the diesel swaps, but I mean for you and your situation; make it easy to make reliable. Make it easy to repair. Make it easy to have fun with rather than getting bogged down with details, over the top mods, and indeed, don't get too bogged down making it easy... if I remember correct like, you have a thermonucular calif..kya exhaust duomaphletchy that is known to crack and cause third point 5 degree burns to front seat occupants toes and shins even in the deadest cold arctic winters (true story, google it). It is also know that those jokers actually thought that by putting in a vacuum advance AND vacuum retard distributor, it would cancel out the urea emissions at the tail pipe- WRONG. I bet that dude never got over how stupid that idea was...and the egr inlet dumping volcanic gasses complete with chunks of brimstone and ash RIGHT into the fricking middle of the carb body???

Get a small body electric or big cap fj60 diz (and applicable side cover) cool and ignitor, or even a trollhole electric with a WORKING vac advance- no hei or dui units- get an Aisin fj60 carb rebuilt by jimC. or even a city racer or trollhole carb on top of a rebuilt fj60 intake and exhaust. Fj60 alternator with bracket. Headers for Toyota 6s suck... hth

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom