Wanted Engine needed!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I lost my engine when my timing belt broke while I was driving. Two friends tried to help put it back together. It did not work.
Any ideas where I can find one at a reasonable price? Below $3000

My vehicle is a 2006 LX470

Last edited:
timing belt broke? diesel? 2UZ? other?

if 2UZ, what year? if it is before 2005, non vvti, the engine is OK and just needs the belt and associated replaced

Will this one work?

Screenshot 2023-06-07 at 4.42.27 PM.png

id love to see pics of what a broken timing belt 2UZ looks like. thank god i did this ASAP when i got my 3UZ LS430

is the 2006 V8 an interference engine? If so, what's the worst case scenario - pistons contact the valves? Or something worse happens besides the piston/valve contact?

I would think new head but maybe the valve made contact to the pistons so ... yea may as well be a new engine.

OP did not perform PM or else the belt would not have snapped. Reason to suspect may not be technically inclined either for such a laborious job

I would think new head but maybe the valve made contact to the pistons so ... yea may as well be a new engine.

OP did not perform PM or else the belt would not have snapped. Reason to suspect may not be technically inclined either for such a laborious job
That is usually true. I had one snap a month after I replaced it. One of the bearings seized in an idler bearing. And yes the idler was new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom