Engine identification (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am having a difficult time getting specifics on my motor. The cruiser is a 67 but I am being told that the motor is a 68. Valve cover sticker F145 The tag on the block is

F 264389

Any help is greatly appreciated.

A simple pic of the motor would be very helpful. If it's a 68', it would have an F145 sticker on it but the oil filtration, oil fill tube and valve cover are the best hints.

Never a dumb question. At the bottom of the reply box are three oblong buttons: Post Reply, Upload File and More Options... Select Upload File, and a menu of options for where your file is located will come up. If photo is on your computer (recommended) select Photo Library, otherwise Browse. After browsing and selecting the photo you’ll see it being downloaded to MUD server. Once that’s done you’ll see the image below the buttons. Place your cursor in the text where you want it inserted and select Full Image, and it will get inserted. Then select Post Reply. HTH.

Never a dumb question. At the bottom of the reply box are three oblong buttons: Post Reply, Upload File and More Options... Select Upload File, and a menu of options for where your file is located will come up. If photo is on your computer (recommended) select Photo Library, otherwise Browse. After browsing and selecting the photo you’ll see it being downloaded to MUD server. Once that’s done you’ll see the image below the buttons. Place your cursor in the text where you want it inserted and select Full Image, and it will get inserted. Then select Post Reply. HTH.
Thanks for the guidance. Mechanically I am good. Electronic stuff nope. My beta VCR still flashes 12:00

That engine number does put it around late 68’ build... possibly early 69’

You can get a more exact time frame by finding the casting date numbers on the drivers side of the block around the center back

How do I decipher this date code if that is what I’m looking at?

5D30A04B-1FB5-48ED-B605-859E34BE48F0.jpeg

821A169D-B72C-4884-AEF0-A4FAB723EDC0.jpeg

July 5, 1968

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom