Eng light (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

To solve this P0430 code to fix my GX now Every time I get on computer to type Ih8mud to get to the web side and learn how to fix it for some crazy reason I start typing Ihlexus

Bank 1 sensor 1 is front DS

Emission codes are a problem in many vehicles. I’m having emission codes in 3 of my 5 family cars. So, don’t get frustrated. Fix the small things first like the O2 sensors. Do one at a time if you need to before you go all out and replace or clean everything smog related.

96FZJ is throwing a P0402 that comes and goes, 2004 Acura MDX is now throwing a P0420, 2003 GX470 throwing P0171 and P0174. No issues on my 2008 LS460 nor my daughters 2010 Prius.

Anyways, post back if u fix ur issue for P0430 by replacing which of the O2 sensors.

Well my order of 4 Denso o2 Sensore arrived and also a gas cap .so install the gas cap first with bible in one hand hoping for miracle and then open the hood to take the negative wire off the battery which at this time notice the negative wire to ground had black tape on it ....strange so I unwrap the tape and here behold part of cable to ground was missing and some one wrapped it with black wire I just don't get why people do this kind of shady things any way I replaced the cable to the fender (ground) by modifying a part of jumper cable I had and started the engine and no more Christmas tree .but I will keep the O2 sensors . At 219000 miles on this vehicle I am sure I will need to replace them .thanks every one for the info and moral supports

The codes don’t always come back immediately. It takes a full cycle of driving in streets, stop and go, and highway miles. I think on the Gx470 it can take up to 75-100 miles of mixed driving to be ready and report codes. Sometimes the codes are immediate but that’s not always the case.

I went to get a smog check after 50 miles only to be told that the computer is not ready. I drove more miles and I think it came back at 75 miles.

I then replaced both downstream O2 sensors, reset codes with a code reader, and drove another 80 miles and this time it was good and passed smog.

Thanks for heads up HC at least when those lights comes back on I am expecting it and not going to murder my Lexy

I changed My gas cap and after 250 lights came back on then I install the snorkel and after few hours all the light went off and never came back on I guess this one is possessed

That damn engine light and the rest of Christmas lights they come and go as they please it went off for 600 Miles then came back on for 120 Miles then went away for 500 Miles .

I’m going through code issues too but mine is most likely a bad MAf sensor. I get the P0171 and P0174 codes on and off intermittently

I wish still it was 1970’s I would have yank all this grap out this lexus and drop a good old Chevy V8 in it so no computer tells me since the temperature of one end of exhaust is cooler than other it has decided to add more fuel and burn more of my gas that I paid for and give me 13 Miles per gallon on highway at 65 miles per hour

Did you replace the O2 sensors? That choose has nothing to do with gas cap. Intermittent sensor changes are your ghost. Change the sensors.

I changed the left and right down stream sensors from Denso for $105.00 replaces the gas cap and no more lights so far then took a 600 miles trip to Glamis dunes California pass Yuma Arizona hauling 3800 pound of trailer and ATV at 80 MPH gas mileage was horrible but no lights which made me very happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom