Electrical problems in 92 Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As I was driving one day, I turned a corner and all of a sudden my land-cruiser dies and smoke comes pouring out of the cab air vents. It was caused from the positive battery terminal rubbing against
the hood and it shorted out, creating electrical problems that I don't know much about. Some wiring harnesses in the cab were fried and some of the negative battery wires were also fried. So what would be my best option regarding the wiring harnesses?

Unfortunately it sounds like you will need a lot of wire (different colors), solder, and heat shrink tubing to fix what was damaged. It's not hard, just takes lost of patience and time. Hopefully your ECM/ECU or other did not get damaged.
The real question is: how does the positive battery terminal rub against the hood? Sounds like your body mounts are shot or wrong battery?

I don't think you fully understand the cause of your problem because if the positive battery terminal was shorting to the hood there would be no wiress fried on the positive side. Maybe on the negative side, but I doubt it.

It might have been the battery size. It may of been a little bigger than the previous one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom