EGR J Pipe removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello All,
I have been searching and can't find the answer for this. I have an Exhaust guy working on my FJ60 for a leak where the J pipe (25601) connects to the manifold (Gasket is bad #25628 on picture below) so i purchased a new gasket for him to put on but he couldn't get it disconnected (25601B) to put the new gasket on. so after talking it through he is basically removing the J pipe (cutting the pipe at both ends and closing it up) my question is will this affect the way my vehicle runs? is a full desmogging required to help it run correctly? or can i just leave it like this for now? eventually i will do a full desmog but hope for now this will solve the leak issue! any help would be greatly appreciated.
egr-system-fj60-jpg.887425

Lot's of PB Blaster on the nuts at the flange and on the nuts for the cooler.
When I replaced the gasket on mine we had to unbolt the cooler from the block and remove the nut on the flex pipe going to the valve. Then we were able to get the whole assembly out. We ended up making a custom wrench (cut it in half) to work the nuts on either end of the cooler.
Once you commit to taking out the assembly it's about a 30 minute job.

Thanks for the help guys, also for taking off the cat do i need to plug the temperature sensor (Or O2 sensor whatever it is) back into the exhaust?

No. Remove the whole sensor from the vehicle. It plugs in near the E-brake and sell it to a cruiser lad in need. Don't toss it in the trash.

It's a temp sensor. Used to turn off the air injection if the cat got too hot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom