Eaton E-Locker in a 2018 GX460? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In my experirence with ARB, "instant disengagement" wasn't always the case, especially in high-traction situations like Moab. If I had to turn immediately after climbing an obstacle where the front locker was necessary (like the wall on Gold Bar Rim) it was sometimes a problem to get it to disengage,
Eatons do the same. Using them on slick-rock is akin to using them on pavement. That’s ballsy!

Eatons do unlock pretty fast on most trails.

Last edited:
I still haven't figured out if an Eaton E-Locker even works on my 2018 model, all of the sites say up to 2017, have tried getting in touch with a few with no such luck.
Just for giggles, you may want to call Just Diff's: JustDifferentials.com - https://www.justdifferentials.com/searchresults.asp?Search=eaton&Submit=
They do sell Eaton, but not for our rigs. But on that note, they are experts on differentials and will probably be able to point you in the right direction.

ECGS would know too.

Eatons do the same. Using them on slick-rock is akin to using them on pavement. That’s ballsy!
Yeah, in Moab I only ever used the front locker briefly for short, straight ledge climbs as necessary. And really, that's all you CAN use them for out there since you can't turn when they are engaged.

Loose surfaces are a different story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom