Eastwood SCT for body work? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anybody have any experience with one of these? My old man and I are stripping my 6/77 FJ-40 for a full repaint.

Looking for some tools that will help speed up the process and reduce the elbow grease needed for my pops.

shop time with pop.jpg

I've got one and it is nice. I've done chemical strippers and a variety of sand/grind it off and this thing definitely makes the job easier.

I live a couple hours from their Pottstown store and they have a "club" where you get one of the racks for the tool and drums and then get a discount on the drums for a year. Only available in-store, though, and I don't know if it is all stores or just that one. But that is definitely the ticket if you can justify getting to the store even a few times a year to stock up.

SCT, by the way... ;)

I purchased one of these to use for the same purpose. Make pretty quick work taking paint down to bare metal. Make no mistake, this is a torque machine and it will wear you our running it for long periods. Took about an hour to strip a 60 series front fender to clean metal with an 80 grit stripping drum. I plan to keep using it. This coupled with paint stripping discs on an angle die grinder get the job done well.

Well that is all anyone should need to verify the value of this tool :)

I'm thinking that someone in the prop department must have had one and been using it when someone from production walked through and decided to include it in a scene. I'm a little surprised they didn't even bother to dress it up - make it more "spacey" somehow...

I'm a little surprised they didn't even bother to dress it up - make it more "spacey" somehow...
Right? They must have thought it was futuristic enough, or they wanted car buffs watching with their kids to notice.
At least they were able to hide the extension cord.

Really dug the premise of the episode. Main character wanted a certain make/model of ship, other characters presents a “classic” basket-case, which they pretty much resto-mod. Rebuilt classic ship ends up being way better than the original ship he was wanting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom