Early pickup/hilux and 4-runner tech and classifieds (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did any early 4runners have soft tops? I dig the look of this soft top bed cover on this taco.

District%202-20120601-00141.jpg

interesting.....very interesting....soft top 4runner...

for the hundo that makes me cringe...that means ...cough sniff

cutting my baby>? NOOO!!!

but a soft top 85 4runner.......straight sexy right there Sir.

Since I can't get what I want for it, I have decided to hang on the my pickup for awhile and do some work on it. Hoping some of the experts can help me with some questions:

I am getting ready to start diagnosis and repair of whatever is causing the hesitation and rough idle on my 22R.

I have 3 questions:

1. Assuming it ends up being an intake gasket leak, what is the best replacement gasket to use?

2. It is better to use 2 gaskets?

3. Is it better to intall the new gasket with our without high temp silicone sealant?

Since I can't get what I want for it, I have decided to hang on the my pickup for awhile and do some work on it. Hoping some of the experts can help me with some questions:

I am getting ready to start diagnosis and repair of whatever is causing the hesitation and rough idle on my 22R.

I have 3 questions:

1. Assuming it ends up being an intake gasket leak, what is the best replacement gasket to use?

2. It is better to use 2 gaskets?

3. Is it better to intall the new gasket with our without high temp silicone sealant?

4Crawler Offroad Products

Email Roger and he will set u straight....he is the moses of that motor.

I picked this up a few months back-1985 SR5 4Runner, the cleanest one I have ever seen in the southeast, zero rust, zero dirt. I've been looking for a long time and bought this one right away when it came up for sale:

305574_411585745531622_1791880645_n.jpg

551659_411585805531616_1267783205_n.jpg

Awesome. What are your plans for it?

Fixed the few little things that it needs to be perfect. Maybe add a leaf in the rear to level it out, Yakima rack for some kayaks, possibly convert the rear to full float so that I can flat tow it behind my motorhome w/o pulling the driveshaft every time. Right now it's just sitting in my driveway awaiting me to get done with other projects such as my other '85 4runner crawler and the motorhome which always needs something.

No plans really to take it much further than stock for now, it will stay on mall crawler status. No offroad plans for this thing!

I like exos but not so much on that one. Tighter to the body and lose the snorkel.

White Trash of the Elwood Chapter, TORC4x4.org, Cottonland Cruisers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom