Dunlop RK3 (roadtrak major) 15"? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I tried a few places here in Montreal, and people can't even find Y720s on their lists. I've got one more guy I'm going to call, as I really don't think shipping them would make any sense.

Johnny, did you find anything in NY, or VT?

Well, I tried calling around, but poeple are getting upset because A, they can`t find them on their lists, and B, they are going crazy with everyone coming in last minute to switch over to winters!!!

I`ll try again next week.

here is one original off my lv

I had not even paid any attention to it until the other day. It holds air well.
IMG_9103.jpg
IMG_9104.jpg

I have a new Dunlop RK3 15" that has never seen the road and has been in a garage it's whole life. Still has the fuzzies on it and is still pliable. We can use it to make a mold it someone knows who to call.

I have a new Dunlop RK3 15" that has never seen the road and has been in a garage it's whole life. Still has the fuzzies on it and is still pliable. We can use it to make a mold it someone knows who to call.

Coker Tire. But at the rate I am going not sure I will ever need tires. ;)

RE: 16 inch rims; had a set but could not get anyone here in AL. to mount tires on ; was told there was an accident a couple of years ago when someone was mounting a tire on a split rim and it blew off decapitating the guy..family got a few mil.....now the insurers in this state will not cover any business working with split rims less than 20 inches; after looking for a couple of months decided to send them back to Cuiserparts.........anyone else have this experience?

Lou

to Johnny C.........they look great...........wanted that look just could not find anyone here to mount them.....:frown:could possibly have looked for mounting out of state but then the what do I do if one goes flat??!!:mad:

Lou

to Johnny C.........they look great...........wanted that look just could not find anyone here to mount them.....:frown:could possibly have looked for mounting out of state but then the what do I do if one goes flat??!!:mad:

Lou

which ones? what size ? what rims

If you go split rims...you do it your self...not too hard...i have gotten 4 nails in tires seperate times past 8 years ...used a patch kit that cost me $2.99 and have 8 more patches left :D

I sent Coker Tire an e-mail to see what can be done. I like the idea of having the real old look, but over new tech!

I'll post as soon as I here back...or if someone else has info, please post up.

How many people do you guys think would go for such a repro tire?

I called Coker...way too much...and they may not even be interested in doing it. Try calling and see if you get a different answer.

I called Coker...way too much...and they may not even be interested in doing it. Try calling and see if you get a different answer.

If Coker needs a tire to make the mold, let me know. I have a brand new, never seen the light of day, Dunlop RK3 that still has the fuzzies on it.

Like I said, I called Coker Tire, and besides the costs for molds and design stuff, they would still need to move several hundred tires, so the guy tells me that we'd be looking at at least over fifty grand to start :doh:

If anyone can get a better answer, let me know!

Also, if anyone has fifty grand to go ahead, let me know, as I'd be interested in at least one complete set of 5 tires at a regular tire price :rolleyes:

Later,
Dean

Update on OEM look tire search

Has anyone had any luck finding 15" tires available in North America that look anything like the Dunlops?

LV almost on the road ... have 16" mine tires on splits installed but a little oversized without a lift, want to run the 15" stock wheels at first ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom