DUI HEI installation instructions ??? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dui Hei

I recently installed a mechanical advance one on the '71 vintage F engine I just built. The original distributor seemed worn and my carb. doesn't have a vacuum port. It was pricey but MAF got it to me quickly (I was impatient). I went on a 3500+ mile round trip from South Alabama to California and it didn't have any ignition problems. I've attached some photos to show installation.

Leon...
DSCN1152.jpg
DSCN1153.jpg

Leon-

You should start a rig of the week thread, since I am sure there are a lot more really nice pictures of this truck.

Leon does not have PM option, or I would have sent him one.

:beer:

I recently installed a mechanical advance one on the '71 vintage F engine I just built. The original distributor seemed worn and my carb. doesn't have a vacuum port. It was pricey but MAF got it to me quickly (I was impatient). I went on a 3500+ mile round trip from South Alabama to California and it didn't have any ignition problems. I've attached some photos to show installation.

Leon...

NICE! CLEAN! I LIKEY..

So what exactly is your point?

And this is relative to the discussion on a Davis Unified Ignition distributor how?

Who’s distributor? Are you saying that this is a DUI unit? If so, I would like to see the DUI markings please. If this is not a DUI, then what kind of GM distributor is this? Further, who did the install? Did they change the distributor drive gear, or just install the distributor, because they were told by someone at one point that the gears are all the same since the Toyota F and 2F are a copy of a Chevrolet inline six?

Failing to see the relativity of your post….

Last edited:
Tnx Poser;

I'm not sure what is being discussed. I have a late model MAF DUI that is brand new, but not installed. I'm really afraid to put it in because of the last year or so of controversy. I have installed the hated mallory point system [somewhere around 1986] with the Jacobs system and its still running great. Being an idiot gaget nut, I have to have the latest and greatest, so this thread is important.

MAF is suppose to have the correct drive gear installed on their units; but I'm still not sure; Steve from MAF could help us here. Personally; once I recvd the gadget, I didn't like it; cheap and not even close to water resistant.

I installed one this month and one last month w/ no problems.. they didn't come from MAF, but I don't see why they would do any modifications to them on their own? I just buy direct.. I run one myself... you stated cheap? I never bought one from MAF.. Did it come in a DUI box? What looks cheap about it? not the price I'm sure...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom