Driver side passenger window off track (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My window came off track am I 95 Land Cruiser. It’s a driver side passenger. Are there any tricks to getting the lift slide mechanism to slide back on the window? As you can see the roller almost comes out the end at midpoint. I’ve been trying to tap it back but you’re nervous about shattering the window.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

My window came off track am I 95 Land Cruiser. It’s a driver side passenger. Are there any tricks to getting the lift slide mechanism to slide back on the window? As you can see the roller almost comes out the end at midpoint. I’ve been trying to tap it back but you’re nervous about shattering the window.

View attachment 2556166

View attachment 2556169

View attachment 2556175
Nvm Got with some vigorous well placed hammer to said mechanism and all is right in the world again!

image.jpg

I'm having the same issue on the same window. I've gotten it back in 3 times and a few weeks later it pops out again. Anyone have a trick for keeping the window locked into the tray?

Just got done today installing new window motors & regulators-

You can pull the window all the way out by removing the (2) 10mm bolts attaching that window channel to the regulator assy. Pull the window up & out; re-adjust window track (8" from bottom front window edge to edge of channel on the front,10.12 rear per the FSM BO-12 and BO-22).

I'm having the same issue on the same window. I've gotten it back in 3 times and a few weeks later it pops out again. Anyone have a trick for keeping the window locked into the tray?
When mine started doing that I pulled it out, removed the rubber strip and installed it using windshield adhesive. Been fine since then. Only going to be an issue if I break the glass and then it just means I have to scrape the glue out to get new glass in.

The FSM answer is replace the lower bar and weatherstrip. I tried bending the track to clamp the glass tighter, cleaning the weather strip and several other things which resulted in foul language. A new lower bar and weatherstrip solved the problem permanently. I literally fought the old parts for hours, without success. The new parts took, literally, five minutes and held just as promised. That was last year and I'd completely forgotten about it until I read this post. That's how well it worked.

I tapped the track back on the weatherstrip and hopefully it’s going to hold out otherwise I’ll be in your position and I ll need a new track and weatherstrip. I’ll see how long it holds out. I do a lot of four wheeling that’s very bumpy so only time will tell

You can also pinch the end of the roller channel a bit to keep the wheel from slipping out of it.

I’ve been thinking about the pinching idea. If you pinch the end of the roller channel and it has slipped in the weather stripping like it did, might there be a chance it would burn out the motor vs just popping out the channel? Just thinking...🤔

Where is everyone getting the lower bar and rubber strip? i am having the same issue with my passenger rear and the rubber is destroyed and worthless at holding the window in the rusty lower bar/track!

Any Toyota dealer assuming the parts are still available. It's a "Channel sub-assembly" and the "Filler" (a rubber strip that sits inside the channel, between the glass and the channel). As mentioned above, the Channel pinches the glass under it's own spring tension to hold the glass in place, once the Channel is sprung it needs to be replaced IME.

I'll ad something to the forum in a timely manner for once.
Caveat: I drive a '94 FZJ80 so that's the only vehicle I cross-checked against.

The weather strip part is "Lift Channel weatherstrip" 69971-60020
metal bar is "Lift Channel" 69901-60010= right side
69902-60010=left side

Thank you. I’ll keep those parts in mind as I’ll probably be needing them in the future.

OEM window parts can empty your wallet pretty quick (like a lot of things). Luckily these are somewhat painless. Window motor for instance; 270 bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom