Drive train upgrade on an LS 80 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Seeking the members advice on required upgrades after either an LSA conversion or an LT4* conversion running on an 6L80E with 33's or 35's.

I've read that the all time toyota transfer case can handle the power but is there a a kit to beef it up?

What about the differentials, axels and the drive shaft (based on a 2" to 2.5" lift.

*LT4 is my last option as I am looking for a brand new LSA motor and those are are to find.

I'm not aware (could be wrong) of any regular members here with that motor and/or power output.

The famous Joe Rogan 80 series has the LSA and I dont believe any drivetrain upgrades were done/required:

When it comes to v8 swaps, oem crate engines are usually a compromise because the local area has strict emissions laws crate engines comply to. You can get a better setup in my opinion if you have a motor built for what your looking for. The LSA motor and LT4 motor are both car engines. They will work in a truck, but for the money I think your leaving power on the table. Not trying do discourage you, it depends on your personal build goals which i dont know what they are exactly. Keep in mind too, any powerhouse v8 is going to be difficult to keep cool if your going to work it hard. On the street the transfercase and axles should hold up. Offroad, components will start to break as you increase trail difficulty and increase the throttle. If you take it easy you'll be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom