Drive shaft Pro Tip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Pro Tip of the day -
When measuring your drive shaft length for purposes of ordering a better one from Tom Woods, measure twice, maybe even three times. Use your best penmanship and make sure you can read your own damn notes. Then before pressing send on your order; go ahead crawl back under that truck and measure that sucker one more time. Because sometimes a ‘1’ can trick you and look just like a ‘7’… And then you end up with a 37” drive shaft instead of a 31” drive shaft.

And it’s sure to be a costly error to fix…

Of course making a drive shaft shorter is easier than making one longer…

Agreed. I have gone to taking a picture of the measuring tape with my phone since I don't see so well up close these days. Granted you have to get the other end up against the flange which can be tricky but you can then send the picture of the measured end with tape and flange to the supplier.

Frank

And apparently screwing up like this causes Covid as well… tested positive this morning and feel like s***…:poop:

Well I have to say y'all, that Tom Woods Driveshafts has incredible customer service. I got back to them and told them of my screw up and their response was; "No problem at all, everyone makes mistakes; just send it back to us and we'll fix it and return it to you free of charge; alternatively if you need it faster, order a replacement of the right size and we'll get that right out to you and then you can just return the wrong one and we'll refund you for that one"... Now this a a company worth doing business with! I'm impressed. Not to mention the speed in which they deliver, they tend to ship custom driveshafts within a day or two of ordering, with free shipping. And the product appears to be very well constructed.

Well I have to say y'all, that Tom Woods Driveshafts has incredible customer service. I got back to them and told them of my screw up and their response was; "No problem at all, everyone makes mistakes; just send it back to us and we'll fix it and return it to you free of charge; alternatively if you need it faster, order a replacement of the right size and we'll get that right out to you and then you can just return the wrong one and we'll refund you for that one"... Now this a a company worth doing business with! I'm impressed. Not to mention the speed in which they deliver, they tend to ship custom driveshafts within a day or two of ordering, with free shipping. And the product appears to be very well constructed.
Great to know, used them on my jeeps back when.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom