drip rail wind noise (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Getting a good bit of wind noise around the front corners of my windshield at the forward end of the drip rail. The passenger side rail was sticking up a bit, so I pushed it down with a few taps with a brass drift. But I'm not sure what the is proper orientation of the side covers over the trim rivets and how they affect air flow. They tuck in a couple different ways, and you can put them at the top of the side channel, or bottom. I playe dwith it a bit, got the noise down, but not gone. Can someone with no wind noise maybe snap a quick pic of that corner where windshield and trim bits come together and post here so I can see what I am missing?

Thanks!
Mark
Orlando

Waiting to finish my rack I'm been driving (Sun roof open and close, no radio) the cruiser with out the Rack and to be sincere I don't notice much of a difference and I'm super picky about noise..

The frontal area is just BIG and STEP, is going to be loud regardless

I have he same issue on the drivers side. The rubber sticks up abbot and when running through car washes (touch less of course) a bit of water will drop down onto the dead pedal.

1JQbPJu.jpg

If side molding is coming up out of roof gutter, it needs replacing. What I see happening often, is tech reuses old side molding while replacing windshield, not a good idea. The tech will use either two side tape, or polyurethane adhesive to glue molding into roof gutter. New molding has a factory tape on it to secure in roof gutter. The adhesive must be removed then new molding installed. While molding is off, plug any non factory holes that may have been drilled, as they let water & air in. To install new modeling pull off just one corner of tapes protective cover to create a pull tab for later. Then place molding and all four plastic coated aluminum rivets in place, but do not set rivets yet. Now that molding is set in place you can pull tab you created earlier, pulling protective cover off tape and set tape. then set rivets. Finally install that little 1/2" strip of mold to cover rivets.

Other cause of wind noise is gaps in polyurethane where windshield seal to body or rust.

If windshield is not installed correctly the installer should reinstall for free. I had one redone 4 times before they got it right.

I had mine replaced today after some paint work, I had all new seals around the windshield, all wind noise is gone. The seals where very expensive. All in it was about £500, I know that is UK rip off prices. There where about 8 pieces in total I had for the screen, I had the screen removed and replaced also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom