drill press recommendations? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Only issue is the the ring that holds the top of the table height guide cracked at the spot we'd welded to repair. So, I've got to figure out a replacement / solution.

Cheap Chinese castings are not generally considered weldable at least with a mig using ER70s wire. Your best bet is (AWS class ENi-CI) that is a nominally 99% Nickel electrode you could run with a stick welder or just braze it with standard brass brazing rod and oxy/acetylene.

Cheap Chinese castings are not generally considered weldable at least with a mig using ER70s wire. Your best bet is (AWS class ENi-CI) that is a nominally 99% Nickel electrode you could run with a stick welder or just braze it with standard brass brazing rod and oxy/acetylene.
Well, that's the only problem so far, and made worse by me being a little too zealous in tightening the set screw. I put a pipe clamp around it, and it's all good now. Can't be too picky with a side-of-the-road find.

Well, that's the only problem so far,

I’m impressed with your efforts to this point and only wish you continued success, my reply above may be of some help to you in the future when the weld on your table pivot breaks or your next curbside find as a better permanent fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom