Doug Demuro Reviews the LX600 Ultra Luxury (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good review. The summary was pretty good “If you’re gonna keep it a while it’s worth it, for a 3 year lease there are better alternatives.” Disagreed with the shifter comment that’s a feature I like.

Watched with sound off, wasn't sure if my playback speed was 1.25 or 1.5 based on how fast he was flailing about- checked and no, playback is at regular speed. Boy he cooking along

Great review. Doug nails it on a couple of points, as i experienced in a recent multi-hour drive earlier this week. The tech is pretty out of date but i personally prefer it to many others. Maybe I’m just old school but i would like to have a modern car without all the modern stuff. The digital dash and infotainment is far from class leading but works. The ride with AHC was pretty terrible, just like the LX570 i bought nee and quickly sold.

That said, i like the old school shifter. I miss the drop down tailgate. But i still plan to order an LX600 soon. Without AHC and with 18” wheels.

I personally enjoy Doug’s reviews, as I do TFL and others. Seems like the kind of guy I’d like to share a beer with and talk cars.

I wanted to watch that - but I just can’t get over his annoying demeanor when he does reviews. Closed the video after 10 seconds. Didn’t make it past his ad.
Before you read this comment I just typed, check out CAAAAARS and BIIIIIIIDS!!

Watched with sound off, wasn't sure if my playback speed was 1.25 or 1.5 based on how fast he was flailing about- checked and no, playback is at regular speed. Boy he cooking along
I thought it was just a problem with my TV, obviously not.

6798BF6C-8FC5-41CD-B3B5-943F069780A0.gif

Good review. I don't understand all the hate his presentation style gets. What's wrong with passion and enthusiasm?
I'm a "live" presenter as well. Videos of myself are painful to watch...
As to his review; I value different things so I wouldn't "agree", but from his perspective he's reasonable

It seems to have gone a bit more to the crossover suv side with this new model. Personally I liked the little joystick on the prior model. I think touchscreens are too distracting. I don't like the rear hatch at all. The gauges are like that because in other markets the center part of the cluster is probably a analog gauge as well. The power numbers of the new motor are good. Fuel mileage numbers are good. Honestly I'm not sure if I would get one or not.

The full rear hatch instead of split tailgate defiantly makes me think crossover for sure.

I sat in one yesterday at the fort laud car show... Its very nice looking inside and out .. Dash is a bit busy , and it felt small inside compared to my Range Rover.. I have the base model on my short list for sure ... 👍

4:00. No split screen on the infotainment screen is a huge miss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom