Doors Not Unlatching When Locked (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a weird one and could use some input. Over the past several weeks, my factory standard car alarm has been going off at random. While I continue to troubleshoot this issue, I have been disconnecting my battery every time I park the car for any significant length of time so that the neighborhood isn't subjected to my stupid alarm. At some point during all of this, ALL of my doors now refuse to unlock from the interior when you pull the door latch - as if a child safety lock feature was enabled on all the doors. The power locks work fine and when I power the locks to an unlock position, the door latch functions properly. Any idea what could be going on? Its very bizarre that it affects all doors and makes me think something was inadvertently reset? Who knows....

Sounds like a multi-pin connector may have come loose or the ECU for the door locks/ alarm is done.

Perhaps the bad connector started as an intermittent open in a door pin circuit (setting off the alarm) but now has come more loose/apart/corroded, etc and had caused the door switches to go intermittent also? Seems plausible to me.

Could someone do me a huge favor and disconnect their battery and see if they can unlock a locked door from the inside with a dead battery? This would help me understand if this is a mechanical or electrical issue. Thanks everyone!

You can unlock a door from inside without power if you use the manual lock, not the power locks of course.

You can unlock a door from inside without power if you use the manual lock, not the power locks of course.
Thanks for the reply. If you are inside the car and the battery is disconnected and the doors are locked, can you unlock the door simply by pulling on the door latch or do you need to manually move the lock to an unlock position and then pull the latch?

Mine only open if unlocked first IIRC. Unlikely that all 4 doors would have simultaneous mechanical failure, is that what you're thinking?

Mine only open if unlocked first IIRC. Unlikely that all 4 doors would have simultaneous mechanical failure, is that what you're thinking?
Thanks for the reply. Well my grand theory is that one of my door sensors is messed up and causing both this issue and my alarm to go off intermittently... If not the door sensor, something else similar because it seems like these two issues arose almost simultaneously... Thanks again!

My doors don't unlock simultaneously when you pulled the interior door handle. You gotta manually move the door lock to "unlocked" before you can open the door, battery connected or disconnected.

My doors don't unlock simultaneously when you pulled the interior door handle. You gotta manually move the door lock to "unlocked" before you can open the door, battery connected or disconnected.
I might be losing my memory, but I swear my driver's side door used to unlock when I pulled the latch.

I might be losing my memory, but I swear my driver's side door used to unlock when I pulled the latch.

Don't worry, I walked to the wrong truck today thinking it was mine and kept pushing the unlock button like an idiot before I realized what I was doing...

But yeah, mine never auto unlocked when pulling on the handle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom