Donaldson air cleaner for Diesel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Donaldson USA doesn't seem to know these exist. I reached out to them multiple times asking about them. I either received no response or something like, we don't have access to that part number. I went through a place in Oz who stocks them and found a deal. It was last year sometime when I bought mine and believe it was like $800-ish USD shipped. Try getting on the 200 Series Group on FB and do a search.

I am pretty sure that the Donaldson US route is complete a waste of time.
 
Donaldson USA doesn't seem to know these exist. I reached out to them multiple times asking about them. I either received no response or something like, we don't have access to that part number. I went through a place in Oz who stocks them and found a deal. It was last year sometime when I bought mine and believe it was like $800-ish USD shipped. Try getting on the 200 Series Group on FB and do a search.

I am pretty sure that the Donaldson US route is complete a waste of time.
Thanks. Agree on Donaldson US. I got some canned answer via email.

Was the product you received from AUS made for the 200 series V8 (ie did not have to make slight modifications like in above video)?
 
I ordered the only type available shown below in my garage. It is specifically designed for the 4.5TD but can be used in the 4.7 and 5.7 gasser models. There is a rumor they don't work for the gassers but I have read someone (here on mud possibly?) who has done it. Hope that helps.


IMG_8920.jpeg


IMG_8921.jpeg
 
I ordered the only type available shown below in my garage. It is specifically designed for the 4.5TD but can be used in the 4.7 and 5.7 gasser models. There is a rumor they don't work for the gassers but I have read someone (here on mud possibly?) who has done it. Hope that helps.


View attachment 3778767

View attachment 3778769
Any update here? I don't know why, but it seems as though this came on my feed again when looking at other Donaldson products. Did you install it?
 
What’s the intrigue behind this? You won’t see a lick more power.
Realistically it'll probably reduce power on a 5.7..

The stock airbox on diesel 200s is known to let unfiltered air past the element. Lots of those with trashed turbos and piston rings. Some US ones do this too (mine is one).
 
What’s the intrigue behind this? You won’t see a lick more power.

In addition to what @bloc posted… It’s one of the best air filters available, and I’ve never heard of an engine complain about the air or oil it uses being too clean. A similar Powercore Filter and intake come standard on Hino’s 195 cab forward truck.

It likely won’t make more power new vs new, but it will maintain the power it does produce for far longer than a stock filter will under some very adverse or extended use circumstances. Not that changing out a stock filter is some excessive pita experience, or expensive.
 
What’s the intrigue behind this? You won’t see a lick more power.
I’m not looking for more power. I’m looking to mitigate the amount of dusting beyond the air filter which is common on the 5.7. Donaldson is at the vanguard of filtration tech and products.

Edit: It looks like I’d be introducing another tough to source product that is consumable with this install. I’ve emailed some Aussie 4x4 stores to confirm newer models would indeed fit the 5.7 as they market it for the LX570 to 2021 model year. We will see.
 
Last edited:
I’m not looking for more power. I’m looking to mitigate the amount of dusting beyond the air filter which is common on the 5.7. Donaldson is at the vanguard of filtration tech and products.

Edit: It looks like I’d be introducing another tough to source product that is consumable with this install. I’ve emailed some Aussie 4x4 stores to confirm newer models would indeed fit the 5.7 as they market it for the LX570 to 2021 model year. We will see.
I’ve had good results with a thin bead of K&N filter grease on the stock filter flange. It is messier than I like, but I don’t have to deal with it often and does the job.
 
I’ve had good results with a thin bead of K&N filter grease on the stock filter flange. It is messier than I like, but I don’t have to deal with it often and does the job.

I do the same and have had good results:

1786281525359.webp


HTH
 
Hmm. Makes sense. I think I’d rather improve the sealing on the original box, but this new box does look like a nice design.
 
Back
Top Bottom