Donaldson air cleaner for Diesel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bjowett

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Awesome new product. Maybe we can get them to produce a version for the gasoline 200?

751CAC62-625A-4511-85C5-02D1C7DF411E.png

Hi Brian and All, do we actually know yet if this unit does not suit the 5.7L?

Curious if this fit or what mods you needed to do?
I had a chat to Donaldson today, they have customers using them in UZJ and URJ202 (4.6L) here in AU. There may be a minor interference issue with the restriction indicator which can be solved with an elbow.
I have been requested to send them some pics of my filter box and engine bay, but I’m confident it will work.

I fitted the Donaldson air box to my 2009 1vd. The indicator does fowl ever so slightly on the bonnet insulator. I slightly bent the mounting brackets to achieve around 5mm of clearance.

If you have a snorkel I recommend removing the inner guard and making sure the snorkel to airbox bellows is an even fit on both sides and then retention the clamps.

Update…. I have a unit on it’s way for a trial fit.
There have been some issues on VDJ’s with clearance of the indicator unit (fixed by a 45 degree fitting), and also pre 2015 facelift models with minor rubbing on the bonnet insulator.
I’ll see how it goes in the LX soon.

Hi,
I received my Donaldson XLC200K filter kit recently, and proceeded to install to my AU LX570 today. As expected it fitted without any unexpected issues.
The inlet matched my Safari snorkel hose, the outlet orientation was suited to the 3UR intake, the MAF direct fitted fine, and the overall height just cleared the hood liner, just. Overall the quality and appearance is OE, very nice.

However, beware the Donaldson outlet OD (designed for the diesel) is 4mm smaller in diameter than the OE Denso outlet, so the intake hose needs a suitable clamp to make the seal properly. The LX cosmetic dress panel will not fit as the filter canister height is 20mm higher than the panel height.

Also in response to Brian’s query above, the ID of the tube where the MAF sits is around 2.4mm smaller, so potentially the air flow calcs might be a bit off…? I believe the 4.6 and 5.7L both share the same part number OE filter lids.
Greg

B7B76B4C-D425-437B-BB5A-79B08ED92365.jpeg

Hi,
I received my Donaldson XLC200K filter kit recently, and proceeded to install to my AU LX570 today. As expected it fitted without any unexpected issues.
The inlet matched my Safari snorkel hose, the outlet orientation was suited to the 3UR intake, the MAF direct fitted fine, and the overall height just cleared the hood liner, just. Overall the quality and appearance is OE, very nice.

However, beware the Donaldson outlet OD (designed for the diesel) is 4mm smaller in diameter than the OE Denso outlet, so the intake hose needs a suitable clamp to make the seal properly. The LX cosmetic dress panel will not fit as the filter canister height is 20mm higher than the panel height.

Also in response to Brian’s query above, the ID of the tube where the MAF sits is around 2.4mm smaller, so potentially the air flow calcs might be a bit off…? I believe the 4.6 and 5.7L both share the same part number OE filter lids.
Greg

View attachment 3351846

If you have techstream it would be interesting to see what your fuel trims do.. could help determine whether the MAF tube diameter is within the computer's ability to compensate or not.

Hi,

Greg

View attachment 3351846
Hi there

I recently installed the same intake system on my lc200 diesel upon checking it the following day i noticed that the rubber wading plug thats inserted into the suction pipe went missing, do you know if that will cause any issues on the long run?

Hi there

I recently installed the same intake system on my lc200 diesel upon checking it the following day i noticed that the rubber wading plug thats inserted into the suction pipe went missing, do you know if that will cause any issues on the long run?
If you were crossing deep rivers it would compromise your wading depth, otherwise no. A small dob of sealastic would do the job.

If you were crossing deep rivers it would compromise your wading depth, otherwise no. A small dob of sealastic would do the job.
Thanks for your reply 👋

By looking at the Powercore filter size, it can be determined that Donaldson based this 200 Series unit on the Powercore PSD09 Air Cleaner. The PSD series comes in various sizes and configurations. There are also several different filters of varying efficiency and flow capabilities.

Do note that the filter for the 200 kit appears to be specific to the application. The off the shelf PSD09 filter will not fit it.

CCF2C445-708B-4449-8DAD-022D9BD1DF17.png

PSD09 basic filter
797E885F-4BAF-4D7C-B985-13DE4CF074E1.png

We could contact Donaldson and try to get an app specific version under consideration for development.

For now @hdj105 is running the diesel version on his LX 570 w/o any reported issues. Post #10 lists the differences.

By looking at the Powercore filter size, it can be determined that Donaldson based this 200 Series unit on the Powercore PSD09 Air Cleaner. The PSD series comes in various sizes and configurations. There are also several different filters of varying efficiency and flow capabilities.

Do note that the filter for the 200 kit appears to be specific to the application. The off the shelf PSD09 filter will not fit it.

View attachment 3433063

PSD09 basic filter
View attachment 3433064
I got the same blue filter in the pic you just posted which is the correct one for my engine (4.5L 1VD engine)

The only thing upon checking on the filter after a couple of days i found that the rubber wading plug was missing. Its a small piece of rubber thats inserted on the bottom side of the suction pipe and i tried contacting Donaldson but it was difficult to get a hold of someone so i just left it as it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom