Doing an Air Compressor with External Fitting Install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
raincitysupercars.com
Exploring offroad has become somewhat of a weekly adventure for me, so I'm going to upgrade my compressor for airing down. I stumbled upon this thread on a VW Samba forum while randomly looking at compressor installs and thought some of you might enjoy it. I'll probably install my compressor under the hood, but I like the idea of running an air line to an external fitting with power as shown, maybe on the rear 1/4? Has anyone done something similar?

Its been done a lot. I like the air fittings to exit at the front and rear bumpers. Out of the way of rocks and keeping it located in a discreet location can help curious bozo's from messing with them. You should also consider where the fitting ends up in relation to dirt, mud, snow etc. as they can fill up with crap after a while. Buying a rubber boot protector is also a wise investment. I would mount one as reasonably close to the compressor as possible like if you mount the compressor up front then use the fitting on the front bumper, if you mount it in the rear, then have the access in the rear. I have seen guys mount the fittings under the hood, in the gas door, and in the face of a drawer system to keep them out of the elements.

Here's an example...

bumper_air_chuck.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom