Does you seat heater still work? (1 Viewer)

Does your peltier heater work

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Malleus

Far west of Siegen
Threads
I mean at all, not "does it work as well as your wife's minivan seatheater" (mine didn't when it was new; just a fact of life with this technology). My Peltier cooler/heater has failed and I'm interested in how long other's have lasted. I've noticed that Lexus has ditched these things for separate units, like all the other Toyotas.

Mine works....but I rarely use it in San Diego.

Both work great, though I can't compare to a mini van... Never had one... ;)

2013 with 85k on the clock, still work great!

Mine works great. When I had an 80 I use to chuckle at the 100 series guys talking about their seat heaters. And then I got a 100 and man the seat heaters are awesome starting up the truck on a real cold day. But then I use to chuckle about the steering wheel heaters, but now . . . . . .

I even put a seat heater in my 40 as it is a nice feature to have.

Back to your question, works great

All 4 of mine are still working (the kids just discovered the joy of rear seat heaters now that they have outgrown all booster seats)

All mine work, but the rear seats don't get nearly as warm as the front ones do.

Does anyone else notice the same thing?

My front seat heaters work fine, but my cooled seats have dropped off in effectiveness considerably in the past few months. I did happen to use leather conditioner on the seats about a month ago, and I'm wondering if that's related (clogged perforations?) or not.

I think I saw somewhere on here that some folks get into the seats and clean a filter to help address this?

You can just reach under the seat from behind the seat and the filter is easily removable.

My front seat heaters work fine, but my cooled seats have dropped off in effectiveness considerably in the past few months. I did happen to use leather conditioner on the seats about a month ago, and I'm wondering if that's related (clogged perforations?) or not.

I think I saw somewhere on here that some folks get into the seats and clean a filter to help address this?

Same here. To be honest I can't even tell if the cooled seats feature is on anymore. The cooled seats on my wife's 17 NX, I can really feel the air blowing. The 17 RX loaner I had, its cooled seats sounded like a rocket jet when turned to max setting.

You can just reach under the seat from behind the seat and the filter is easily removable.

I didn't know about this filter. Has anyone cleaned this filter before, and does it improve the air flow of the cooled seats?

All mine work, but the rear seats don't get nearly as warm as the front ones do.

I have noticed the opposite; since the rear heaters are actually heaters and not Peltier coolers, they seem to work as expected. My driver's seat has never been either noticeably hot or cold, just warm or cool. Have to check the passenger's seat...

OK, I neglected to ask, does the LC front seats have separate heater coils and cooler fans, or do they use the same combined Peltier coolers the LX has? I'm getting the feeling it's the former.

Nope I've never tried to drive from the rear seat ;)

OK, I neglected to ask, does the LC front seats have separate heater coils and cooler fans, or do they use the same combined Peltier coolers the LX has? I'm getting the feeling it's the former.
They are different.

Heater:
upload_2017-9-19_8-10-13.png

Cooler:
upload_2017-9-19_8-10-41.png

Thanks. I need to downgrade.

Thanks to everyone for the insight

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom