Dobinsons IMS Monotube Shocks for 80 Series - Internal resi Monotube Shocks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@crikeymike I have a bunch of questions about adding to my Dobinsons lift and your not answering the phone at Exit OffRoad.
so I’m gonna try a PM or the Exit contact to discuss my needs! Unless there is a good time to talk by phone?

thanks

devo

@crikeymike I have a bunch of questions about adding to my Dobinsons lift and your not answering the phone at Exit OffRoad.
so I’m gonna try a PM or the Exit contact to discuss my needs! Unless there is a good time to talk by phone?

thanks

devo
Pm or email me. I'm not available by phone for a few days

Anyone having trouble with the IMS boots? I just installed the front IMS shocks today (back I'll do in a few days, time and daylight permitted), and the boots seem like a joke. The zip ties don't really have a good purchase to grab onto on the black shock body, and the boot seems several inches too short. It won't stay in place on either side, and that's with no use yet at all.
The TJM shocks I just took were much cheaper, and they have a nice solid rubber boot which was plenty protective and stiff, and kept the shock shaft totally concealed from pebbles and such.
Did Dob's just cheap out on these boots on what otherwise seems to be a great shock???
I thought the boots on the Dobinson IMS shocks were quite nice. Really flexible and easily extend past the available travel. There's a groove in the bottom to hold the boot but the boot is held by a zip tie and friction on the top.

They're getting made!!

Dobinsons has announced they're going through production, so I've just added the specs and details to the first post of this thread, and added them up on the website to take advance orders for them. Still waiting on an ETA, probably 2+ months out still.

Front for 6" of lift: IMS59-60684 - 728mm extended, 420mm compressed - Dobinsons IMS59-60684 IFP Front Shocks for 80 Series (6" lift)
Rear for 6" of lift: IMS59-60685 - 730mm extended, 432mm compressed - Dobinsons IMS59-60685 IFP Rear Shocks for 80 Series (6" lift)
THESE JUST CAME IN, FINALLY!!!

Now Dobinsons has the IMS shocks for 0-3" lifts, 4-5", and now 6". And the external resi 3-Way adjustable MRA's are also offered in the 3 different lengths as well.

At the 9 month mark now.
Absolutely the best mod I’ve done.
Logged several hundred miles in the dirt so far, such a huge improvement. They just soak up the bumps on the fire roads for endless miles and they just love the trail too. My spring set up is perfect for my rig. Couldn’t be happier.
675BE73C-006A-4B9F-A7C5-885800895EE7.jpeg

Has anyone paired these with the Dobinson stock height coils? Currently running the stock tokico shocks but curious how much of an upgrade they'd be on ride quality

Has anyone paired these with the Dobinson stock height coils? Currently running the stock tokico shocks but curious how much of an upgrade they'd be on ride quality
I'm wondering the same thing.

Can you measure your front center hub to flare front/rear for me? I have the Slinky HD rears and Dobinson fronts and I think it sits a little high up front. IMS shocks all around too.
FYI I have 30mm spacers on the rear and no spacers up front. I will get some measurements tonight

I just wanted to give everyone my review with roughly 2k miles this summer on the IMS shocks paired with Dobinsons stock height springs. I've only been driving it around town on short trips, although most of our paved rds are something out of a third world country lol.

99% of the time I'm running zero extra weight, besides two skinny dogs, and I'm impressed on how well this suspension is performing. The stock height rear springs definitely need some weight on them to get them to level out the front to rear height, but any added weight will smooth out the ride even more than it is.

The only good weight test I had was loading up the rear with split hardwood and taking it for a ride over the potholes and moguls we call streets. I was impressed that the weight hardly sagged the springs at all! (Should have taken a pic) Again, I am more than pleased with the performance. It rides like a lx450 was meant to!

@crikeymike was a pleasure to do business with!

20230218_133347.jpg
20230320_121245.jpg
20230330_162950.jpg

I just wanted to give everyone my review with roughly 2k miles this summer on the IMS shocks paired with Dobinsons stock height springs. I've only been driving it around town on short trips, although most of our paved rds are something out of a third world country lol.

99% of the time I'm running zero extra weight, besides two skinny dogs, and I'm impressed on how well this suspension is performing. The stock height rear springs definitely need some weight on them to get them to level out the front to rear height, but any added weight will smooth out the ride even more than it is.

The only good weight test I had was loading up the rear with split hardwood and taking it for a ride over the potholes and moguls we call streets. I was impressed that the weight hardly sagged the springs at all! (Should have taken a pic) Again, I am more than pleased with the performance. It rides like a lx450 was meant to!

@crikeymike was a pleasure to do business with!

View attachment 3393938View attachment 3393939View attachment 3393940
Glad you're enjoying them so far!! Mr Doggo looks pretty content too!!! haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom