DMT My War (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Your War looks awesome man! Are you going to add any aluminum around the cab to keep the passengers' legs inside or keep it tube only?

Yeah, I am still going to build a firewall, rear wall, partial roof and panel the sides. Most of that will happen after a real shakedown run. When I tear it apart and finish boxing in some things, I won’t have as much stuff in the way. I’m not sure what material my side panels will be, however all other panels are going to be 1/8” 6061. I got a bunch of large waste pieces from my last job, so it won’t cost a fortune. The outer panels will probably be either the plastic like stock cars run (ugliest option), Lexan or similar product (not sure where to buy, ALRO.com maybe?) or the thin colored sheet metal like stock cars run. I don’t want aluminum on the outside due to cost, although I would do it otherwise.

My friend owns a body shop and does great custom work. He and I have been tossing around ideas for paint. I personally like the old FJ light blue. My ‘78 was Rustic Green. Not sure yet.

Last edited:

Worked on my crawler hauler this weekend until I ran out of gas. I will brace back to frame behind the hitch. I am adding a lower receiver also, I only had one on hand. The top one is about 32” off the ground, the lower will be about 20” off the ground. We have a deck over trailer that has a very high pintle eye. The center of the ramp will stay open for the lower ramp sections, one for each side. I am also making a chain/strap/binder storage area between the ramps and bumper. I will cut some plate for the open areas on the bumper, for lights and receiver reinforcement.

Hopefully the truck doesn’t haul like s*** because of the COG being so high. My C5500 has the low profile suspension, but it’s still tall. Time will tell. I’m thinking I will be able to take the buggy to the local off-road park in the next couple weeks.

Worked a little on my tow rig over the last week. I still have some reinforcing to do, but I was anxious and had to see my buggy on the bed. I wish I had a 15’ bed, but 12’ makes the cut.... barely. I hope the high COG doesn’t affect the drivability. I am well within my weight capacity too. Although this truck gets horrendous gas mileage, I don’t have a new truck payment. I have approximately $6,500 in the truck as it sits. Not too bad.

Looks good bud. They do make EFI live tuning for Kodiaks and Topkicks. Would be an easy way to make the truck a little more fun!

ATP or duramaxtuners would be your best bet

Looks good bud. They do make EFI live tuning for Kodiaks and Topkicks. Would be an easy way to make the truck a little more fun!

ATP or duramaxtuners would be your best bet

Good to know. I’ll have to research that. The truck is powerful enough for my needs, but I won’t be passing many gas stations. I talked to the guy who did my LS ecu and he said he wouldn’t touch it.

E636D8E3-9818-4B64-BCE5-192402E2D1CE.jpeg

Your buggy looks awesome I am impressed with all the fab work especially the tube work. Way to stay the course...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom