DIY Reverse Eye Leafs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Any change in the way she rides? Same as before?

Yep identical

I setup a truck with the Rubicon Express leaves. I think they work well.

Cheers

Yeah, I knew I would like the lower height, but the point was to try doing this using a old worn out Toyota pack. Hence the DIY in the title

Last edited:
So it’s been 2 years now.. stil have not touched the springs since initial install. I basically have not wheeled it at all (one full day really) but I have probably put 20k road miles on them. They are starting to sag (maybe 3/4”?) and main leafs beginning to do that “W” thing… but not terrible. I drive it pretty much everyday, 80mph on the highway 3-4 times a week.
Overall I would say a success. #science #top10badleafspringideas

bolt-on suspension installs at my shop have really picked up and I have a ton of good stock 62 rear packs so I’m thinking after GSMTR I will have Alcan build me a pair of main leafs and replace these packs with another fresh set of used springs. I’m thinking the 62 pack with a extra long leaf but the two shortest removed will be really good for a really long time.

42C590AF-9DC6-4B79-A4DC-13796F56EAEE.jpeg

B51C28FA-5CB6-4059-9B93-490702CA6893.jpeg

Can you keep saving those 62 rear packs? I need more for moonshine, lol.

Definitely keep us posted on the Alcan springs. I'm thinking that or a three link up front in moonshine. My current set of springs only lasted a year before they went flat, and that's with new add a leafs too.

Can you keep saving those 62 rear packs? I need more for moonshine, lol.

Definitely keep us posted on the Alcan springs. I'm thinking that or a three link up front in moonshine. My current set of springs only lasted a year before they went flat, and that's with new add a leafs too.
Yeah I have a bunch.

Put me in line for a set or two lol.

Nice to see some miles pile up and vet that idea.

Did you ever get around to having some reverse eye springs made? I really like the idea of the reverse eye springs.

Did you ever get around to having some reverse eye springs made? I really like the idea of the reverse eye springs.

No, I called them for quotes and I liked the price but haven't gotten around to taking the measurements to send to them. It's been a low priority but I am definitely due before the next big trip. Since the last thread update I put three more wheeling trips on these springs and about another 15K road miles (coast to coast and two out of state trips) and now they are shot. If anyone could take measurements and post them here that would be great :lol:

I have bushings, new high steer, new heims, etc that all need to go in at the same time

No, I called them for quotes and I liked the price but haven't gotten around to taking the measurements to send to them. It's been a low priority but I am definitely due before the next big trip. Since the last thread update I put three more wheeling trips on these springs and about another 15K road miles (coast to coast and two out of state trips) and now they are shot. If anyone could take measurements and post them here that would be great :lol:

I have bushings, new high steer, new heims, etc that all need to go in at the same time

What was the price, ballpark?

Love my Alcans, they made custom length, custom center pin location, took vehicle specific weight #'s front & rear, 20 years on a soa 40, just getting broke in finally IMO.

What was the price, ballpark?

I think about $165 per main leaf IIRC
Well worth it for me.
My time is literally 10x more valuable to me now then it was when I started this thread.

I think about $165 per main leaf IIRC
Well worth it for me.
My time is literally 10x more valuable to me now then it was when I started this thread.

#bigdickplayer lol

Are you going stock j6x rear spring dimensions or changing it at all?

We both need to just go to links. We could probably do your truck and mine in a week right?

#bigdickplayer lol

Are you going stock j6x rear spring dimensions or changing it at all?

We both need to just go to links. We could probably do your truck and mine in a week right?

Staying same spring dimensions so I don't have to change my hangers or shackles.
two problems with linking my 62.
1. I still have the stock front housing and I don't see getting the lower shock mount at the width I would really want. my current shocks are already at the knuckle ball weld and my tires already rub those, let alone a 2.5" coilover. I'm not interested in changing axles or going wider width either. I guess I could french the coilover mounts. So project starts to snowball bigtime.
2. I'd rather put that time and money on linking my crawler build. I don't go through leafs nearly as fast as you and once I have the other rig built the 62 will probably barely get really wheeled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom