Dissent Roof Rack Install (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would imagine that most awnings need the “high rise” option. The low rise is pictured below, but it’s too short for my OVS.

D25A77DA-856B-4431-AA28-D1629C2A877F.jpeg

55DFCCDF-D092-41A3-BA95-D4572FDE6C74.jpeg

42E0E502-86BA-4BB4-8B3A-050390BFB305.jpeg

DC6AD64C-871A-4DDB-95A3-C2250482BCFD.jpeg

I would imagine that most awnings need the “high rise” option. The low rise is pictured below, but it’s too short for my OVS.

View attachment 3211188

View attachment 3211189

View attachment 3211190

View attachment 3211191
How big is your awning? Is it one of the 270 degree ones? The aluminum mounting bar on my ARB is only 2 and 7/16" inches wide (2" between the track mounts), so I'd guess that the low rise option would work. How wide is your OVS mounting bar and mounting slots?

Any feedback on the roof light?
Still contemplating it. I do have a 30” rigid for the grille…but OVS has a rigid adapt clone light bar.

Thinking maybe I’ll use that and sell the adapt.

I’ve got my Dissent rack on order and it should show up late October or early November.

I also just dropped off my 200 at the body shop for major body repair that includes replacing the roof panel. It’s possible, and maybe likely, that the shop will get done with the body repairs before my new rack shows up. I don’t want to install a new OEM rack just to replace it with Dissent. What do I need to have the body shop do to seal the mounting bolts? Just RTV them until the Dissent rack arrives? What OEM rack parts does the Dissent rack reuse? I need to read this thread more carefully but it doesn’t look like any of the OEM parts get reused except the captive threaded parts in the roof.

I’ve got my Dissent rack on order and it should show up late October or early November.

I also just dropped off my 200 at the body shop for major body repair that includes replacing the roof panel. It’s possible, and maybe likely, that the shop will get done with the body repairs before my new rack shows up. I don’t want to install a new OEM rack just to replace it with Dissent. What do I need to have the body shop do to seal the mounting bolts? Just RTV them until the Dissent rack arrives? What OEM rack parts does the Dissent rack reuse? I need to read this thread more carefully but it doesn’t look like any of the OEM parts get reused except the captive threaded parts in the roof.
none of the oem parts are reused. Dissent supplies mounting feet and new bolts/washers.

I would reach out to them and see if they can send you the mounting feet early 🤷‍♂️ ... @GatorBait1551

you will definitely want the roof sealed in some manner. I did not do my install, Dissent did, but if it is like other ones i have worked on, I would want to use some sort of sealed washer mounted with bolts into the factory mounts. I would cut and drill some covers and use butyl tape to keep it waterproof. Butyl tape is somewhat easy to remove.

Ofcourse, and i'll let others chime in, id also be worried about losing the captive nuts. No idea if driving without the factory bolts in them would promote losing them into the headliner forever, but it sure seems like it could.

I would order 3 more sets of the blanks that are used in the forward middle position And run those in all 8 spots. I think there are even sets on eBay, not sure if they are factory Toyota.

Have you received your Dissent rack yet? I've been waiting since July 26th, 2023...starting to get impatient...

Have you received your Dissent rack yet? I've been waiting since July 26th, 2023...starting to get impatient...
No. When they said Oct/Nov, I made the mistake of assuming they meant 2023... :frown:

I was told mine should ship "in the next couple weeks" at the end of December as they are "slowly coming out of PC". Hopefully it will show up soon. I my case, it really hasn't mattered as I couldn't have installed it before now anyways and in reality, I won't get to the install for a month or so anyway.

Wow that is excessive. I have only been waiting since November and I am getting impatient. Have you called? Thinking I may…
I haven't called yet. I last received an email from Cole in late November. "A few more weeks"... I know that it's going to be awesome when I finally get it, but the wait is leaving me impatient. I have a front dissent bumper and had a rear bumper on my 100 series as well. All top notch goods.

I haven't called yet. I last received an email from Cole in late November. "A few more weeks"... I know that it's going to be awesome when I finally get it, but the wait is leaving me impatient. I have a front dissent bumper and had a rear bumper on my 100 series as well. All top notch goods.
I heard back via email that my rack should ship in the next week or two, and they are just finishing powdercoating on mine... I can hardly wait!

A few half-assembled photos of the V2 rack:
-very easy to assemble (so far)
-mounting feet have changed
-crossbars and outer frame look similar, but there are fewer reinforcing elements
-metric bolts are for mounting the feet to the stock roof-mounts, longer SAE bolts are for mounting the rack to the feet

20240208_170711.jpg

20240208_170839.jpg

20240208_170734.jpg

20240208_170722.jpg

Last edited:
The back portion and accessory mounts:
- the final crossbar has a cutout for the antena/fin
-note: one of the crossbars on the rack is shorter in height than the others. I have this one mounted up front, presuming its for sunroof clearance (will confirm when mounting the rack on the vehicle).
- the threaded inserts really make assembly a breeze
-there are two black aluminum joiner pieces that i haven't quite figured out yet
-each mounting foot has little cutouts on the face. I have presumed they are to number the feet I, II, III, and IIII.
-my rack seems to be missing the dissent emblem, so i am hoping Cole might hook me up with one, as the rack cannot function without said emblem

20240208_170917.jpg

20240208_170928.jpg

20240208_170935.jpg

20240208_171017.jpg

-uncoated aluminum plates are for mounting underneath the rail sections. The small black inserts will work great for tie-down eyelets. I'm not certain what the largest plates on the right are intended for yet, but I presume a mount of some sort.

Last edited:
I finally got my Dissent rack and it sits waitng for me to install. I also have decided (I think) to go with a Bush Company 270XT Max awning. Has anyone installed that awning on a Dissent RR? I'd like to see some pics.

I'm also still trying to figure out which side to put the awning on. I would go passenger but I also have a Fabulous Fab snorkel. I know the snorkel will clear the rack but not sure what will happen with the awning. That's why I'm hoping someone has done this awning on a Dissent rack and I can see some pics.

I finally got my Dissent rack and it sits waitng for me to install. I also have decided (I think) to go with a Bush Company 270XT Max awning. Has anyone installed that awning on a Dissent RR? I'd like to see some pics.

I'm also still trying to figure out which side to put the awning on. I would go passenger but I also have a Fabulous Fab snorkel. I know the snorkel will clear the rack but not sure what will happen with the awning. That's why I'm hoping someone has done this awning on a Dissent rack and I can see some pics.
I was working towards the exact same setup- great product choices and will be watching with interest!

I was working towards the exact same setup- great product choices and will be watching with interest!
How about you go first and I’ll watch? :)

Thanks for taking the time to document further @CanadianRockyCruiser . It looks like final instructions are still in the works for the 200 but the assembly is basically identical to the 100 series rack so you can look there for guidance.

The main difference would be the mounting feet and then the one antenna load bar in the back you pointed out which is marked by the symbol below. Here are some pictures of the feet orientation (first two facing in, last two face outwards), and you are correct the number of symbols indicates the mounting position front to back.

IMG_6033.jpg

20240110_105516.jpg
20240110_105421.jpg
20240110_105425.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to document further @CanadianRockyCruiser . It looks like final instructions are still in the works for the 200 but the assembly is basically identical to the 100 series rack so you can look there for guidance.

The main difference would be the mounting feet and then the one antenna load bar in the back you pointed out which is marked by the symbol below. Here are some pictures of the feet orientation (first two facing in, last two face outwards), and you are correct the number of symbols indicates the mounting position front to back.

View attachment 3586999
View attachment 3587004View attachment 3587005View attachment 3587006

We wanna see that LX600 on 38x13.50s 👀

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom