Dissent offroad modular rear bumper. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello

Has anyone tried to use the 1-up bike rack with this bumper? I want to make sure it clears the swing arm/tire before I buy one. Thanks in advance.
I have a 1-up bike rack you can try on your bumper and see if it clears. But I doubt it will clear the spare tire. (Located in Sugar Land 77479)

I have a 1-up bike rack you can try on your bumper and see if it clears. But I doubt it will clear the spare tire. (Located in Sugar Land 77479)

Thanks @SS100 , I'll send you PM

I'm gonna post this here because I didn't see anyone else mention it and the Pollak 7 pin connector is what came with my Dissent bumper.

I initially wired my factory 7 pin wires up to the new Pollak harness matching up the colors 1:1. I didn't even think to test them all in the process, and after I had everything all sealed back up I plugged in my camper to find that the running lights and the right turn were swapped.

Wiring the factory brown to the pollak green, and the factory green to the pollak brown made everything right. (I tested everything with a multimeter first this time!)

If anyone else did the same and hasn't checked you might be in for a surprise if you try to tow something.

I'm gonna post this here because I didn't see anyone else mention it and the Pollak 7 pin connector is what came with my Dissent bumper.

I initially wired my factory 7 pin wires up to the new Pollak harness matching up the colors 1:1. I didn't even think to test them all in the process, and after I had everything all sealed back up I plugged in my camper to find that the running lights and the right turn were swapped.

Wiring the factory brown to the pollak green, and the factory green to the pollak brown made everything right. (I tested everything with a multimeter first this time!)

If anyone else did the same and hasn't checked you might be in for a surprise if you try to tow something.
Thanks for the advice. I wonder why that happened with those two particular wires.

I'm probably over thinking this but does anyone who has the table setup have a pic of how you're strapping down a water jug or jerry can? I'm a little worried about it falling off when things get bumpy since there's no edge on one side.

I'm probably over thinking this but does anyone who has the table setup have a pic of how you're strapping down a water jug or jerry can? I'm a little worried about it falling off when things get bumpy since there's no edge on one side.
FYI he makes a Jerry can holder, that table is not it. Just another insert

I think I've seen pics of that but for now what I have to work with is the table. You saying there's no good/safe way to strap down water and gas to it?

I think I've seen pics of that but for now what I have to work with is the table. You saying there's no good/safe way to strap down water and gas to it?

I think it depends on what kind of Jerry can you have. If it's the plastic ones it will be difficult. The tin ones I think will stay on with straps.

I just finished a trip to big bend and Guadalupe mountains where it was very bumpy. I did the following for my solution. I bought two smittybuilt jerry van holder and drilled holes through my tray bottom to affix them with bolts and nylon nuts.

No issues and easily converts back to cooler tray after. We did 4K miles.

I couldn’t come up with a reliable way to strap them that I trusted and I couldn’t lock them which is how I ended up at the option I did in the picture.

2104F6B5-8288-481C-93AA-DBC8A1C632BC.png

051585E8-F666-4414-9E9E-AE57A59A5E13.jpeg

That looks pretty clean. I also could not find a way that I trusted to strap down my 5 gal water jug (same as yours in the pic) and ended up storing it in the truck where I have previously kept it. It would be nice to get it out on the bumper. How are you attaching that rotopax?

Ben made me a custom aluminum piece that it attaches to. It’s like a sideways “L” with a bend. As I try to describe this I realize a picture is better.

E60A51D0-F09F-4279-835F-8133AA0DCDF9.jpeg

He could be busy with his new little girl (4weeks old i think), but aside from that the dude can do anything out of metal.

Just wait until you see the Jerry Can holder he is building ..... :) mine is coming...

Just wait until you see the Jerry Can holder he is building ..... :) mine is coming...

Worth every penny, just got mine in.

So since a spare won't fit under this specific bumper I'm assuming an auxiliary fuel tank will not fit either?

If you have the cross member cut version there is still room for an aux tank (or spare). I don’t do either of those although the aux fuel is something I want in the future. I’m just telling you what I think by looking at it. There may be someone who actually has it that can offer insight.

You can always ask Ben when you’re putting in your order.

It would be pretty cool to be able to mount a 4 gal rotopax under there, there's a ton of space without the spare there.

I’m about to wire my trailer plug. Is this how everybody else is doing it? Wiring the brown with the green?

My truck is already wired with a trailer brake and 7-pin system (original owner had a one horse trailer, and the Lexus dealer set it up that way back in 07).

I’m about to wire my trailer plug. Is this how everybody else is doing it? Wiring the brown with the green?

My truck is already wired with a trailer brake and 7-pin system (original owner had a one horse trailer, and the Lexus dealer set it up that way back in 07).
Yes, for some reason Toyota follows the standard trailer wire color code except with the brown and green. Those will need to be swapped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom