Discontinued valve shims (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm having some trouble sourcing new Toyota valve shims in the quantity I need. I could go after some aftermarket shims as this will potentially get me my truck back ~1 week sooner. I am in the midst of building a 1FZ-FE with all new Toyota parts (block, head, head innards). For peace of mind, I def prefer OEM, but I'm not the most patient owner and would be OK with aftermarket units if someone trustworthy could vouch for their quality.

30.50mm dia, 2.85mm thick. X qty 10 (13753-66160) ***I've got these being made by Toyota Japan, but they won't be ready until 1/20 at the earliest***

Are there any concerns mix/matching Toyota OEM valve shims with aftermarket ones? The vendor I am considering is from Australia. In my exchange with the owner, he says there should be zero concern and he's been doing this for over two decades.

www.precisionshims.com.au

Thx!

Are you sure you need 10 the same thickness?

If you're changing shims to correct valve clearance, you need to measure each existing one, and calculate required replacement thickness.
When I did them in my 1hz and 1hd-t with the head on and cams in place, almost every valve needed a different thickness shim.

Are you sure you need 10 the same thickness?

If you're changing shims to correct valve clearance, you need to measure each existing one, and calculate required replacement thickness.
When I did them in my 1hz and 1hd-t with the head on and cams in place, almost every valve needed a different thickness shim.
Excellent question to ask. 24 valves measuring to equal the same shim size?
Gotta buy a lottery ticket.
I get half the $!!!
Did mine in September, had a few that needed the same size, but, only a few.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom