Dig-Dug and The Fusionator get spanked on Beasley Knob: pics & carnage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I will be a witness if you need it meathead. I was there for yours and several others failing.

another one bites the dust

For those of you who don't know, one other FJ and myself busted our diffs at Beasley this weekend, and both trucks are at the dealer in Gainesville. I went to the toyota dealer today to check on my diff, and they said they won't cover it under warranty or defective part. Supposedly they even called their regional manager. Nobody has heard about the defective parts, etc. The manager at the dealer was a real dick, said it was vehicle abuse and that's what I get for offroading. I put in a claim with Toyota, gotta wait it out and see what I hear. Until then I'm gonna try and get a trailer to take the truck from my house until I find out what's going to happen. Worst comes to worst I'll be putting some gears in myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gary, don't you dare do a darn thing to that truck yourself! That repair has been documented and done a ton of times under warranty. Hvae them look up the part number and they'll see there are 2. One is for the first models that have the defective part, and the next is the new correct part.

Fight this through Toyota and don't give up!

The other truck is there also isn't it? Isn't one of the members there with it? They might have some contacts!! I know they said that guy was an A$$ at the dealership. Should be reported to Toyota Central...

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't accept anything other than full warranty, and put on my "raging bitch hat" if they didn't fix it immediately :)

Don't make us all come up there and have a "sit-in"!

Last I heard, Gary has an attorney and is bring a suit against Toyota. They would not fix his diff. Keep your fingers crossed for him!

I was at Toyota Mall of Georgia Friday after work and pretty sure It was in the work area. Blue with ARB.

Well mine is busted now and park next to Gary's
And they won't fix it just like they're doing him!
Screw Toyota and Toyota Mall Of Georgia...

Have you guys checked other dealerships to see if they will warranty the parts? Have you guys showed them proof of other gears being shreaded from TTORA/Blue Room/and Here?

Have you guys checked other dealerships to see if they will warranty the parts? Have you guys showed them proof of other gears being shreaded from TTORA/Blue Room/and Here?

When I got there and ask to see the service manager he told me to give him 10 min. to eat is lunch...then when he came back told me that the regional tech was just there and decided that my truck was miss used and will not be cover under warranty and than told me that it was out of his hand.
I than ask to see the dealership manager and when I tried talking about those issues he rudely stopped me and started raising his voice at me saying that if i go off road that's what i get and did not want to hear me.
Customer service my ass!
When the regional tech says no cover, no one can touch it...
And they don't care about forums or any other info I wanted to share with them
They just don't care!

Same stealership that charged my wife for a "4-wheel" alignment and didn't touch it. Service manager refunded my money when they put it on the rack and it was out (I had showed them where the caster/camber adjustments hadn't been touched).

How about the other dealerships that HAVE replaced them under warranty?

How about the Toyota website http://www.toyota.com/fjcruiser/index.html?s_van=GM_TN_FJ_INDEX
that shows an FJ banging through rocks with no disclaimer...just tell them you were doing exactly what their website says to do..."Leave no stone unclimbed."

If they still say no, call your lawyer on your cell phone while you are sitting there...even if you don't have a lawyer...just call me, I can talk the talk :)

Who's up for a demonstration at Mall of Georgia? We should talk seriously about it at the next meeting.

Dealership won't matter. Sure, we can all go there and hold signs and complain, but they can't touch it if Regional says no.

Gotta go after Toyota Corporate.

Corporate's going to be the only way to go. I've seen it done with several issues (sunroof in 05-06 Tundras for one) Toyota MoG may never see another FJC come in with broken gears other than your two and if they're not told they have to replace it they won't.

Sylvain, why did you take it there when you knew that Gary's was sitting there and they weren't going to fix it? Did you expect a different outcome?

First I didn't know that Gary's truck was still there, I was on the side of the road for 6 hours in Heflin Alabama!!!

Second, who would know that the regional tech would be there that day???

I always got the service done there, they even replace my front CV/axle no question ask.

Toyota Mall Of GA was hiding behind this unknown person called Regional tech, they couldn't even give me is name!

I bough a truck from Toyota...NOT FROM A SMALL STEALERSHIP

I'm now waiting to hear back from corporate!
I have a case number, what ever that means...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom