Difference between Mini-truck PS boxes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm gathering parts for a mini-truck ps conversion and I'm looking for a ramanned ps box. I found this parts supplier on ebay and I found them selling two supposedly different mini-truck boxes. One says it's a 79-80 and is far cheaper than their 81-85. All the research I've done on mud has led me to believe that the mini-truck ps boxes would all work and were the same from 79-85, but then I found some random comments that the return line nipple is different on the early boxes? Anyone have any info on that or am I good to get the earlier 79-80 box?

Thanks

Remanufactured OEM Power Steering Gear Box Gearbox For Toyota 4X4 Truck 4Runner | eBay

Remanufactured Genuine OEM Power Steering Gear Box Gearbox For Toyota Truck | eBay

1979 -85 4wd truck and 84-85 4runner- All of the boxes are all the same except, the earlier steering boxes have a smaller port, not sure of exact years. You could pick up a used unit (rotate the steering input shaft though its full range for smoothness, binding is not good.) send it in and have it rebuilt, If it is a early unit, get the fitting along with it. By the way don't forget to include the core charge on the eBay boxes.

Thanks, it looks like it'll be a net savings to get the older ps box then, even with the added cost of that part. Thanks again

I saw that core charge, they are serious about getting one back. I know some have up graded their disc brake calibers and return the old ones back to a auto parts store later. By the time it's gets back to the rebuilder it's lost who turned the wrong type in. Couldn't do that here they would catch and you would lose your $350.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom