Difference between BJ40 or BJ42? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello from Manchester, UK. Just joined the forum and hope I will be able to contribute as well as benefit from the wisdom of so many contributors here.

I am in the process of buying a BJ42, year model 1982, LHD, 3.5 l Diesel vehicle. Wanted to know if anyone can please point me in the right direction. I the BJ42 the same as the BJ40 or the FJ40? My concern is only related to parts which I will be buying in the near future from companies in the US since the UK is very light on producing spares for these vehicles.

Any direction or guidance will be immensely appreciated.

Thanks

Many of the parts for your BJ42 will be common with BJ40 and FJ40 models from the same production period (Aug 1980 to end-of-production).

:beer:

PS. Parts interchangeability is a very complicated issue. The biggest factor is "year of production" rather than "model code"

Many of the parts for your BJ42 will be common with BJ40 and FJ40 models from the same production period (Aug 1980 to end-of-production).

:beer:

PS. Parts interchangeability is a very complicated issue. The biggest factor is "year of production" rather than "model code"

I am not sure if I want to buy this vehicle anymore lol...
why did Toyota produce the 3B engine when the 2B which was a smaller engine did a better job?

I am not sure if I want to buy this vehicle anymore lol...
why did Toyota produce the 3B engine when the 2B which was a smaller engine did a better job?

There's a common quote that goes: "There's no substitute for cubes."

What makes you think the 2B "did a better job"?

The 3B is a more-commonly-found engine... so where you need parts that are specific to the engine, the 3B parts should be easier to find than those for 2B.

But I'm then again I'm happy with my 2977cc B-engine.... even to the extent of buying a spare B-engine (rather than looking for a 2B or 3B, both of which come up for sale every now again over here)..

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom