Desperate for BP51 help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve searched and searched and can’t find a conclusive answer. I have the dreaded rear squeak. Can anyone tell me exactly how the rear bushings are to be installed?

The instructions from 2015 say that you should only have one locator/lipped washer in the parts section. But in the install section it says to put lipped washers above and below the tower (see attached instructions)

I just had ARB send me a new bushing kit and it includes 2 lipped washers.

Can someone shed some light on this?

Attachments

• ARB BP-51 rear.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 306
I’ve searched and searched and can’t find a conclusive answer. I have the dreaded rear squeak. Can anyone tell me exactly how the rear bushings are to be installed?

The instructions from 2015 say that you should only have one locator/lipped washer in the parts section. But in the install section it says to put lipped washers above and below the tower (see attached instructions)

I just had ARB send me a new bushing kit and it includes 2 lipped washers.

Can someone shed some light on this?
See @Taco2Cruiser post #25 in this thread and the FAQ Thread Options for lifting a 200.

this is the money shot:
1647899383960.png

you do not want the left one. My OME hardware was per the left pic and I just reused OEM washer. Immediately all better and hasn't squeaked since (2 years)

This ^^^

You want only one shouldered washer, not 2. Doesn't matter if you put it top or bottom.

Did you also add a spacer washer to the top, right under the nut?

Yes you can and that is what I did so it would tighten down good.

FYI .. It took me a long time to figure out what it was.

You use the lipped washer on the bottom and the one with no lip on the top.
So the ones ARB sent you .. you can toss out the lipped ones.

Did you also add a spacer washer to the top, right under the nut?
I did not add a spacer. It tightened down fine. I see no harm in adding one if needed to tighten the nut.

Just went through this for about two years and finally got it fixed. Did exactly what was described above re: kcjaz's post. I attached a pdf that pretty much details my communication with ARB (and their reply) and also some details that I provided to 4Wheel Parts when I asked them to replace the OME lipped washers with the OEM washer (s) that I bought. It includes the picture below. Anyway, it was super annoying and now it's fixed! Good luck1

LC 200 Rear BP-51 Chirping B 2022-03-22 11-48-54.jpg

Attachments

• LC 200 Rear BP-51 Chirping B.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 67
Just went through this for about two years and finally got it fixed. Did exactly what was described above re: kcjaz's post. I attached a pdf that pretty much details my communication with ARB (and their reply) and also some details that I provided to 4Wheel Parts when I asked them to replace the OME lipped washers with the OEM washer (s) that I bought. It includes the picture below. Anyway, it was super annoying and now it's fixed! Good luck1

View attachment 2959729
This is correct. Per parts diagrams of the factory toyota assembly 90948-02173 goes on the very top under the nut. 90948-02184 sits under the rubber bushing and the larger diameter keeps it from interfering with the raised lip on the lipped washer.

BP-51 front squeak question.

Hi All. I have a 2018 200. My front BP-51s started squeaking around 45K miles. ARB suggested it was the SPC UCAs, so I replaced those with ARB UCAs. It turned out that the BP-51s were squeaking because the coating had worn off the springs. ARB rebuilt the BP-51s under warranty and the truck was squeak free for a few hundred miles.

Now there is a new squeak on the driver’s side front only. Is there a known squeak cause related to installation on the front end? Thank you for the advice.

BP-51 front squeak question.

Hi All. I have a 2018 200. My front BP-51s started squeaking around 45K miles. ARB suggested it was the SPC UCAs, so I replaced those with ARB UCAs. It turned out that the BP-51s were squeaking because the coating had worn off the springs. ARB rebuilt the BP-51s under warranty and the truck was squeak free for a few hundred miles.

Now there is a new squeak on the driver’s side front only. Is there a known squeak cause related to installation on the front end? Thank you for the advice.
Did the rebuild include new lower spherical joints? Seems like I’ve read about those squeaking on some people’s rigs.

Did the rebuild include new lower spherical joints? Seems like I’ve read about those squeaking on some people’s rigs.
The rebuild did not include the spherical joints. ARB mentioned that they cleaned and inspected them and that the rebuild included the following:

- new o-rings/seals for the adjuster
- new o-rings/seals for the reservoir
- new hose
- new shock oil
- nitrogen refill
- springs
- and a thorough cleaning 2-3 times

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom